Thread: First big game family hunt

First big game family hunt

Hi everyone who reads this. My self, dad,brother, and brother in law will be heading to Princeton for the opener this year for our first big game hunt together. I'm not going to ask where to hunt as I like learning on my own and have done the footwork scoping out areas. But as we will be there the weekend I am wondering if we are able to have a fire (fire ban) out side the tent going during the day for us to cook and sit by as we want to rough it ( keeping dads 30' trailer at home) also looking for some ideas where to setup camp probably on the placer lake side of the #3. Thanks for any help
    Last edited by marco604; 08-24-2016 at 07:22 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: First big game family hunt

Fire bans in effect so zero fires unless lifted.Ive gotten away with a small enclosed fire inside a 1/2 moon metal barbeque with a bucket of water standing by from a firemarshall but its up to their discretion.There are tons of nice area's to camp heading into placer even at the base of the hill heading up but id look for an erea next to a creak myself.
    On the way in there are a number of turns to the left that lead up high and that's where id be looking ,numerous forestry replanted area's that hold deer but they like to stay in the bush ...in other words hunt the bush

takla
    Last edited by takla1; 08-24-2016 at 07:25 PM. Reason: spelling
    If it don't have a throttle,tits or a trigger I'm pretty much uninterested
    Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.

I have a laundry machine drum I use as a fire pit in the back yard. I wonder if that's ok. Thanks for the tips and I have been told by a friend to setup near a creek. I will be bringing lots of water anyways but I'm sure the creek sounds will be nice to fall asleep to especially since I have never been away from my family. Wife and 3 kids under 5. Should be a fun trip. I'm the brains of the bunch so I have to have all the research done before we go.

I heard the fire ban was only for coastal areas. According to their website it doesn't list a ban currently on campfires.

http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprS...eNews/Bans.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    I heard the fire ban was only for coastal areas. According to their website it doesn't list a ban currently on campfires.

http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprS...eNews/Bans.asp

Yup, coastal only so far.
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

Thank you for the info