Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sturgeon Virgin

Re: Sturgeon Virgin

I forgot to mention Deano, I'm headed out on Sunday on our own out of chilliwack and I'm in need of gps coordinates! You got my number. I have luckies with your name on it

Wear an old pair of runners to get in the river, flip flops tend to get lost in the river if you get out of the boat. Temperature will depend on where on the river you are fishing.

Enjoy your sweat!!

Drink lots of water....river has been hot temp wise...with little wind!!

Some good fish around, 7'+ will give you a nice work out!

Had a great day on the river, awesome conditions and a great experience with Dean, Dad, and "Brother Gord". Was amazed at how many fish we saw jumping, including a couple 6-7 footers right beside us. By all accounts it was a slow day of fishing and we only landed 2 fish, 52 and 57", despite several takes. (Actually 3 including Gord's 18 incher...) We launched at Island 22 and ran down river from there fishing just below the Vedder and at the base of Sumas Mountain. Depths ranged from 25-40 feet, targeting any change in the bottom contour that would create underwater eddies. Bait of choice was various chunks of rather "well aged" Chinook. I will definitely be doing this again! Will get some pics up soon. Thanks Dad!

Was that today? You guys must have been in the boat just down river from us below the vedder. Nice haul.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrayzer View Post
    Was that today? You guys must have been in the boat just down river from us below the vedder. Nice haul.
    That was Friday. How'd you do yesterday?
    JP

Also have to give a shout out to our guide Curtis who was great ! And to Great River Fishing Adventures who donated this trip to the Pacific Salmon foundation as a silent auction item ! And to dad for buying it !

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Prawn View Post
    That was Friday. How'd you do yesterday?
    JP
    Not bad. Seemed to be nibbling more than anything but we brought in 3 smaller ones and lost a good one after some acrobatics. Fun day all around.