Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Mineral attractant for game cameras- Feedback

Best Mineral attractant for game cameras- Feedback

Just wondering what has been working for people for around their game cameras, heard that blocks aren't as good as the crushed? Want to try placing some cameras this weekend and try this out!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Best Mineral attractant for game cameras- Feedback

Blocks work well, but they can provide to much available salt/minerals at one time. Salt fines mix into soil and dissolve and cause the deer to dig to get more. Typically this mean the average deer will have to return to get the salt that they require.

They only take what they need. I use brown bricks and take them away when i pull my cams.

Bit late to the game, deer are just about over the summer salt craze. Should pick up a bit come November

Water softener salt.

Quote Originally Posted by showtimebc View Post
    Bit late to the game, deer are just about over the summer salt craze. Should pick up a bit come November
    My water softener salts work year round right into the fall.

I have great luck with ws salt, but bucks seem to disappear in early sept, mulies and wt. I read once, that once they loose their velvet, that they don't chase the salt/mineral blocks as much, not sure how true it is tho. In my instance, it seems to be like that.

Hmm, well thanks boys, I will throw some out for the hell of it
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

I am trying a few different things this year along with the water softener salt, will see how they work out.

There is lots of options, less if you have bears around as they tend to eat anything with a sweetener to them, so don't use COB or anything with a sweet taste to them or your will have tons of bear picts and maybe even have the bear take a bite out of your camera.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    I am trying a few different things this year along with the water softener salt, will see how they work out.

There is lots of options, less if you have bears around as they tend to eat anything with a sweetener to them, so don't use COB or anything with a sweet taste to them or your will have tons of bear picts and maybe even have the bear take a bite out of your camera.

Cheers

SS

friggin bears! Pain in the ass