Thread: Hoyt vipertech and broadheads

Hoyt vipertech and broadheads

Ok so I'm a Mathews guy who is now shooting a hoyt. With my mathews I did not have to make any adjustments to either my rest or sight, to shoot broad heads. BUT

Try shooting broadheads out of the hoyt , fly like crap. By going by the easton tuning guide its saying to stiff of spline, arrows hit to the left of field points. My bow is dead on center shot, actually measured with digital calipers.

I'm just wondering why the hoyt is so much different than the mathews.
    JB flang is my hero.

Moose guide infamous quote.
    "when you shoot em just right their feathers go puff"

2. Site Sponsor

Bow Walker Guest

Re: Hoyt vipertech and broadheads

Cam design/configuration? Different A2A, which will affect nock travel? Even different string materials. Have you "shot the string in".....is it settled with no more stretch?

All else being equal it could come down to being just the different characteristics between two different bows.

The string is definately broke in now. Frustrating.
    JB flang is my hero.

Moose guide infamous quote.
    "when you shoot em just right their feathers go puff"

Bow Walker Guest

Yup! Bin der Dun dat............don wanna go der agin!

How about the arrows themselves? Carbons? Wood?

If carbons - is the insert true with the shaft axis? Is the insert end square with the shaft? Are the b'heads aligned with the shaft axis when you assemble the hunting arrow? Have you got an arrow spinner so you can spin the finished arrow to chack all of the above?

If wood - is the nock glued on true? Is the b'head true with the shaft axis?

If aluminium - same thing with the swaged nock and same thing(s) with the b'head and inserts.

All I can offer so far. I'l keep my t'inkin cap on fer a spell.

Quote Originally Posted by timberhunter View Post
    Ok so I'm a Mathews guy who is now shooting a hoyt. With my mathews I did not have to make any adjustments to either my rest or sight, to shoot broad heads. BUT

Try shooting broadheads out of the hoyt , fly like crap. By going by the easton tuning guide its saying to stiff of spline, arrows hit to the left of field points. My bow is dead on center shot, actually measured with digital calipers.

I'm just wondering why the hoyt is so much different than the mathews.
    Centre shot is just a starting point, maybe you torque this bow a little more, different hand grip, are the bows draw weights the same? What weight, draw and arrow size,lenght ?
    Same arrows fly good out of you Mathews, what bow model? Maybe the Mathews power stroke is a little harder hitting, hence the vipertec is a little softer thus it shows a stiffer spine.
    New 2011 PSE Omen Pro
    56/29 340 fps
    VICTORY ARROWS