Thread: Pre liver transplant hunts.

Lightbulb Carpenter Lake/Gold bridge Alpine Bucks!

Hello all.
    I'm looking to get a friend of mine out for some early season hunts as he is having a very major surgery later in the year. because of the nature of the surgery it could happen any time but i am hopeful he will have at least a few weekends out in the bush before the surgery.
    we both grew up and live in the Whistler/Pemberton area and i have been looking into hunting around Gold Bridge/Carpenter lake area and Squamish river valley. we are both pretty experienced with back-country hiking and camping and he is in good shape to do some decent hikes into the alpine. but we do have to stay within a few hours of the truck so if he gets the go ahead on his "In Reach" we can make it to vancouver within a decent time.

I'm not looking for a step by step guide to finding a buck in these areas but if anyone knows any reasonably quiet easy access alpine areas where we could have a decent chance of finding him a buck and are not battling with other hunters we would greatly appreciate it. i think the key for us is early season. the sooner the better. This is his 1st year hunting and my 3d year . We are very appreciative and respectful of nature we are quiet and responsible Outdoorsmen we dont leave garbage and we dont want any quiet un-pressured area to be swamped by goons.

He's been getting excited all year, took his CORE and PAL he bought all the gear, hes been shooting multiple times every week reading all there is to read, staying in good enough shape to smoke me on the last 30k dayhike we did, and if i know anyone who deserves a buck this year, its him.
    the guys a champ.

Any and all information would be really appreciated.
    Feel free to shoot me a message as well.

please forgive my terrible grammar
    Last edited by GoOutside; 08-27-2016 at 10:12 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Pre liver transplant hunts.

I wish I could help, but all I know is a bit too far. I wish you guys the best. Go out and slay em!
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Gold Bridge is your best bet for getting above treeline and still close to the truck + seeing bucks. Pemby is not too bad... and Whis is bit more challenging. I'll send you a PM. Don't bother with the Squamish River - low population, busy with hunters and non hunters and also a risk of the river taking out the road.

Thanks Amigo

I don't have any advice on those areas but wanted to wish your friend all the best with his surgery and recovery.

And best of luck to both of you on the upcoming hunt.

Can't help that area at all. But wish you a guys a successful hunt and even more successful surgery for your friend so you have many more upcoming hunts

Thank you all for the support.
    Last edited by GoOutside; 08-27-2016 at 10:10 PM.