Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford vs Dodge vs Chevy one ton diesels

Re: Ford vs Dodge vs Chevy one ton diesels

Congratulations on the new truck.

I saw a couple incorrect assumptions about DEF here. DEF is part of a SCR (Selective catalytic reduction): system, that is used in the exhaust stream to catalyze NOx (mono-nitrogen oxides) into water vapor. It has nothing to do with the DPF filters, they are 2 independant systems. Currently all DPF systems need to be burned off when they get full, this is usually done based on sensors that monitor pressure, flow, and a few other things in the filter, but is also done on a fixed mileage basis as well in the case of my '15 F350, I'm not aware if the other manufacturers do this. When the system determines it's time for a regeneration, it releases extra fuel into the exhaust stream by either pulsing the injectors again while the exhaust valves are open, or by the use of an additional injector in the exhaust manifold ala Chevy. This causes the temperature of the exhaust stream to rise dramatically, until it hits a temperature that causes the black carbon/soot trapped in the DPF to be burned off, and released from the tailpipe as a small amount of ash. When driving hard, or towing heavy loads, the system will experience "passive" regeneration, as the EGT's are high enough to cause the endothermic reaction in the DPF filter, but when doing lots of stop and go driving in city traffic, it builds up and then an "active" regeneration occurs.

Cheers

2011 + 6.7 Ford is a Good Engine and Super Dutys are Nice Trucks !

ALL ! Duramax's are GOOD engines and all years of GM's are Nice trucks !

JMO RJ

even the dodge dealers no what truck is best, best screwup ever

Bought a new jeep from the coquitlam one in the spring. They forced me to fill out the financing papers even though i really didn't want to I was buying it outright...... They said "everyone has to go through financing" Then they charged me double for the special gas in the tires. Had to get a refund. Then the other day my wife finally notices a charge on our account for a loan from rbc who we do not bank with at all. I thought it was identify theft by someone who took a loan out on our account. A little digging turns out im paying twice for the jeep... wow. They mail us out a check for the 6 months worth of payments without an apology.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone C. Killer View Post
    Bought a new jeep from the coquitlam one in the spring. They forced me to fill out the financing papers even though i really didn't want to I was buying it outright...... They said "everyone has to go through financing" Then they charged me double for the special gas in the tires. Had to get a refund. Then the other day my wife finally notices a charge on our account for a loan from rbc who we do not bank with at all. I thought it was identify theft by someone who took a loan out on our account. A little digging turns out im paying twice for the jeep... wow. They mail us out a check for the 6 months worth of payments without an apology.
    sound like the crooks at dodge dealers.

before i bought my 16 f150 i went into go dodge on scott road and i almost bought a 16 ram ecodiesel. they were giving me $35500 trade in on my 14 gmc sierra. until i looked and the truck i was buying they upped the price by $15000 over msrp. so they were only giving me $20500 for my truck. lets just say i told everyone there buying a vehicle what happened and i think they were ripping off everyone going in there

"They forced me to fill out the financing papers .......... "

So the salesman said "no deal" when your cash is on the desk ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stone C. Killer View Post
    Hard to Believe STOREY - No one FORCES you to do anything- did they put a GUN to your head WTH RJ

ummmmmm ok

U guys r more ballsy than me. guess i should have read them my rights....

seemed like "financing" is the excuse they use to sit you down and try to add on all the extras