Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Ford vs Dodge vs Chevy one ton diesels

Re: Ford vs Dodge vs Chevy one ton diesels

If you're gonna do a pile of gravel road/offroading I'd stay away from the chev 1 ton, dodge was never much good either in logging camps. The f350 seemed to hold up the best in my experience, something to be said for str8 front axle if it's still available. My last Logging boss had a newer duramax 3500 for a crummy, was replacing front end every 3-4months. Maybe a guy could beef it up though, my 05' 2500 has a fabtec 6'' lift with all moog front end components and zero issues after 220k but not sure when conversion was done as I bought it with 90k. I drive a fair bit of gravel and don't baby it...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

I have to admit I put Chev in the post header just to keep the chev guys happy, I would never consider a chev diesel 1 ton because of the independent front suspension. I do drive FSR's a lot and I don't think the Chev is up to it. Though I'm sure they make nice city trucks cause they drive and are soft and cushy like a car.
    Last edited by knothead; 08-29-2016 at 09:34 PM.
    'The bible says the end is coming soon, I hope I get my cabin built by then'
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

I have being in parts and service at all of the Big 3 in the last 15 years NONE are any better the the others ! Pick which one you like and Drive it ! jmo RJ

well ive been crowing about my 05 dodge ram diesel SC 4x4 and lack of repairs ive had to do over 11 yrs,wouldnt you know it today on the way to work my entire tail pipe from the muffler back to th tip came lose.was just held there by the hanger.Not bad I guess for 11 yrs on the wet coast.Guess ill have to straight pipe the Biatch now...lol

takla
    If it don't have a throttle,tits or a trigger I'm pretty much uninterested
    Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.

Quote Originally Posted by elknut View Post
    Ace...I've got 3.73 gearing ...Also my truck weighs 3004 kg ..Your 3/4 ton is a lot lighter...My truck is a 3 speed auto with towhaul ..Does the tuner help much?...had a 98 -12 valve that empty gave me an honest 25 mpg hwy .I've noticed a drop in miledge since putting on mudflaps and a headache rack..Other than that I don't put my foot into it..Have driven 100kms /hour and also 108 kms /hr which the later is the most efficient torgue for the engine...According to Cummins..1990rpm..I found I figure my miledge out manually I don't believe the idiot computer overhead..Your thoughts.....Dennis
    Dennis .... '02 Dodge/Cummins 2500 4x4 ... Regular cab, 5sp. and 3.54 Limited Slip .........canopy and full fuel ...... 3060kg (front 1790kg) (rear 1270kg)
    The tuner makes the 5.9L much more interesting to drive .....
    My mileage is also figured manually .......

Quote Originally Posted by takla1 View Post
    well ive been crowing about my 05 dodge ram diesel SC 4x4 and lack of repairs ive had to do over 11 yrs,wouldnt you know it today on the way to work my entire tail pipe from the muffler back to th tip came lose.was just held there by the hanger.Not bad I guess for 11 yrs on the wet coast.Guess ill have to straight pipe the Biatch now...lol

takla
    Straight pipe on the highway isn't so bad ...... in town it can be annoying after awhile .....
    Nice Goldwing in your avatar! Very nice indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    I have being in parts and service at all of the Big 3 in the last 15 years NONE are any better the the others ! Pick which one you like and Drive it ! jmo RJ
    Jeep ?

You KNOW there all Good when they go up and down the road and dont break down - None are worth Braggin about if there broke and in the shop costing you money ! Think about that people ! Its like the BEST scope warranty is the one you NEVER have to use ! jmo RJ
    Last edited by REMINGTON JIM; 08-30-2016 at 04:25 PM.

one word Cummins

Quote Originally Posted by #49 View Post
    one word Cummins
    The problem is that Cummins is married to Dodge.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..