Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Ford vs Dodge vs Chevy one ton diesels

Re: Ford vs Dodge vs Chevy one ton diesels

Quote Originally Posted by Frango View Post
    I have no idea what this statement is trying to tell me. What does DEF have to do with a cab or chassis. I think the cat part is catalytic but from there I am lost.. Input would help me.
    For a couple of years Dodge used two different emissions systems -- one on the pickups and one on the C&Cs. In 2007 they both met the stricter 2010 emissions rules and it was a large scale experiment to decide which was better.

The pickups used: catalyst - NAC (NOx absorber catalyst) - DPF (Diesel particulate filter) system

The C&Cs used: catalyst - DPF - SCR (selective catalyst reduction w/DEF) system

Read more at Cummins Hub

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Dog View Post
    For a couple of years Dodge used two different emissions systems -- one on the pickups and one on the C&Cs. In 2007 they both met the stricter 2010 emissions rules and it was a large scale experiment to decide which was better.

The pickups used: catalyst - NAC (NOx absorber catalyst) - DPF (Diesel particulate filter) system

The C&Cs used: catalyst - DPF - SCR (selective catalyst reduction w/DEF) system

Read more at Cummins Hub
    Thank you Gun Dog

What are you guys getting for fuel economy in you new dodge and chev diesels with the DEF? Is it comparable to the early 2000's diesels?

Def allows emission targets to be met by reducing nox without inefficient fuel delivery profiles hence better fuel economy .

Also def has nothing to do with the diesel particulate filter, the dpf is for soot emissions, and still uses fuel to increase the temperature of the exhaust gases to burn the particulates out of the filter.

The 2013 to 2016 gets better fuel economy then the pre def 6.7 Cummins .