Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford vs Dodge vs Chevy one ton diesels

Ford vs Dodge vs Chevy one ton diesels

Time for a new truck. Currently I'm driving a 96 diesel f250 and it's time to trade up. Specifically looking at newer one ton diesel full size crew cab pickups and wondering about any known issues with these trucks...say 2012 up to 2017.
    'The bible says the end is coming soon, I hope I get my cabin built by then'
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ford vs Dodge vs Chevy one ton diesels

Love my Ford. Great power, great fit and finish, decent ride.

I've owned two since 2012 and neither has disappointed.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

How much are you asking for your 96?
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Surrey Boy not sure I'm going to sell it yet, I may have to keep it until I can buy a new camper as the old camper won't fit the new truck. I will be looking for around $6500 for it when it goes though.
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

Another question I have is would anyone recommend a good dealer? I haven't had to deal with a car lot for about 12 years so have no idea where to start.
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

2015 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax diesel. Allison tranny is awesome. Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. I pull 13000lbs all summer long.

Ron Gerbrandt at Mertin GM in Chilliwack. By all my vehicles from him. No BS kinda guy.

Get a hold of Auto girl on this site. She can hook you up. She is also a site sponsor.

If it were me, i'd be looking for an 06/07 cummins, or anything pre emissions bs

Re pre emissions: nope. Looking for a new truck with very low to zero kms. on it this will be my last truck before retirement then I will trade in for a new one. I'm just tired of having to drive the older beater even though they are great trucks it's time to spoil myself and get a full load luxury ride
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

I have the 07 Laramie 1 ton with the big back seat. Pull an old heavy 30 ft. fifth wheel and nothing passes ma on the hills. Pretty good on fuel also 'It has the last of the5.9 Cummins with a programmer giving it supposedly an extra 100 hp.Really like my truck.