Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deer Pouchers got Caught

Deer Pouchers got Caught

see in todays province june 19th group of guys got caught with 2 deer one was pregnant I hope they get the worst
    GWH 1960 - 2000 Hunting has never Been the same.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Deer Pouchers got Caught

Nasty baskets!

My older neighbor came over and was probably talking about the same article and she asked me, "Why do you hunters hunt like that". It is people like the ones that got caught that give us all a bad name.
    You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.

this happened in Pemberton
    GWH 1960 - 2000 Hunting has never Been the same.

I am sure the justice system will let us down as it always does.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

The "justice" system,,,,aka the court system is getting better with fish/wildlife related decisions.

For example, if you follow the court case hearings regarding sturgeon poaching on the lower Fraser River you will see very strict fines, boat/truck seizures and in the last 2 years - JAIL time. Aside from the absolutely ridicoulous night-hunting decision on the Island, judges are on average becoming more educated as they face more of these illegal hunting/fishing activities. Fish/Wildlife officers and the CROWN need to educate judges on the severity of these offences, especially when it relates to a Blue or Red listed species: ie. one that is or could become extinct.

I say they forfeit the wildlife, guns, send them to jail for 30 days and suspend thier hunting licence privileges for LIFE.
    "For the man who can, not once by accident, but again and again, as a regular thing, single-handed, find and kill his black-tail, has shown that he is no mere novice in his art; still-hunting the black-tail is a sport that only the skilful can follow with good results." Theodore Roosevelt (1858–1919). Hunting Trips of a Ranchman. 1885.

Yeah, we wer asked for info..trying to figure out where exaclty it happened.

Was at night, apparently...
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Dillybar View Post
    My older neighbor came over and was probably talking about the same article and she asked me, "Why do you hunters hunt like that". It is people like the ones that got caught that give us all a bad name.
    "Hunters" dont hunt like that!!! "Poachers", poach like that! Make sure you clarify that to everyone you talk to!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    "Hunters" dont hunt like that!!! "Poachers", poach like that! Make sure you clarify that to everyone you talk to!
    Mark you type a little faster then i do.Thats exactly what i was going to say.
    I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.

Here is the facking story! What a bunch of motherfackers....

3 Richmond men charged after cops find 2 dead deer, weapon in van

Clare Ogilvie, The Province

Published: Tuesday, June 19, 2007
    WHISTLER -- Three men from Richmond are facing charges under the Wildlife Act after police found a loaded weapon in their van and two dead deer.
    "One of the does was pregnant with a fawn and we presume the other one left a fawn behind," said conservation officer Chris Doyle.
    Deer-hunting season does not start until the fall and, in the Pemberton area, where it is likely the shooting took place, does are never in season. "We're asking anyone who heard shots in and around the Pemberton Meadows area on [June] 13 or 14 or has information to call us," said Doyle.
    Email to a friendPrinter friendly Font:

The men face charges of careless use of a firearm and unlawful possession of dead wildlife. The maximum penalty is a $50,000 fine or six months in jail, or both.
    clareogilvie@telus.net
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 62# @ 28", Osage-Bloodwood/Maple/Bamboo with Bocote Riser
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 53# @ 28", Bocote/Bamboo with Water Buffalo Horn Covered Belly
    Blackwidow Recurve 56" 61# @ 28"