Thread: looking for pigeons

looking for pigeons

anyone have barn pigeons they wouldn't mind letting me trap for training my pup?

she's looking good but i need some (cheap) live birds.

i'm having a hard time finding birds right now. i'm in the city (vancouver) and thinking about snatching a few here and there...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: looking for pigeons

Think grain terminals, feed stores, grain loading yards for rail cars etc. Pigeons are all over the place you just have to look and talk to folks.

You can get them at the Langley auction for cheap.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Go to the Vye road rail crossing off Sumas Way. Go walk up the tracks to the north, set your traps then go have breakfast and a coffee come back and pick them up. My son used to trap them for us there all the time before he started raising his own. Good luck Lad.
    Last edited by FirePower; 08-14-2016 at 10:06 AM.
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!

Could also try contacting the the BC Falconer's Association.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    You can get them at the Langley auction for cheap.
    You clearly haven't been there in a while. They've gone as high as $11 a bird lately. And that's not for the fancy birds either.
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

Quote Originally Posted by 1/2 slam View Post
    You clearly haven't been there in a while. They've gone as high as $11 a bird lately. And that's not for the fancy birds either.
    Yea been quite awhile.I had a good thing going at a grain elevator till the anti's working there found out
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess