Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Welcome to the peace

Re: Welcome to the peace

Nice pics, couple of 3 year old crankers if that's what age they really are.

Quote Originally Posted by meat hunter View Post
    I shot a deuce mulie last year around horse fly never eaten such a tasty deer. Ill take the little ones
    Different area, different management. Small deer do taste great, early season deer do also.

Let's just hope we won't "manage them" into extinction. Awesome pic.
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

I think there is more politics to the decision to reduce the herd in 2006-2007 ..Once the govt seen that the herd was down they decided to chop it more through their management decision..Having the farmers bitch about the damage to their hay bales was becoming a broken record for the govt...Wildlife has never been managed properly in BC for many ..many years...Hunter numbers had been on the decline in BC for many years due to gun control regs that turned many hunters away from the sport ...Then a turn around and today its on the upswing and therefore has more political clout ...Site C might have also been a small influence also on their decisions...Less habitat ....less carrying capacity...If these wildlife managers call this managing then they should quit...Because they are corrupt...That's my opinion on the Fish and Wildlife Branch ....Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Linksman313 View Post
    Nice pics, couple of 3 year old crankers if that's what age they really are.
    All these bucks are dead!!!
    I believe this is from a video, on YouTube called, peace bucks, or something to that effect.
    It's 10+ years old. Some hard winters changed this drastically in the peace.
    In 2000-2002ish, these caliber of bucks, were easier to find, than now.

Very nice image! It'd make a great wall hanger in its own right, as a framed print.

As per Deer numbers, I have typed this out before and will do so again -

Nobody knows how many animals of any given species there are. Mule Deer are behaving differently these days, it seems. For instance I have found many Deer in places where old timers experience and /or traditional wisdom (whatever your preferred term is) states that Deer will NOT be... Yet there they were! Could be weather/environment, could be the Muleys are learning from Whitetails and altering their behaviors to become more reclusive. In agricultural areas it could be hazing/deterrent methods succeeding.
    I figure the Deer are patterning Hunters. Here in the Koots I have spoken with many folks who, for decades now have been doing the exact same things in the exact same places over and over and over and over and over.... Over and over and over again. The animals get wise and utilize different areas.
    Meanwhile MFLNROD and BCWF make terrible decisions (as noted above in some very astute posts). Including reducing opportunities for BCRH in Region 4 to the current times. I despise how the regs made me have to pass up a shot that I worked hard to get on an awesome Muley for it being a typical 3x3. Amazing huge bodied Deer. Would've been great eating!

Anyhow, that's my couple shekels. Great pic!

Quote Originally Posted by digger dogger View Post
    All these bucks are dead!!!
    I believe this is from a video, on YouTube called, peace bucks, or something to that effect.
    It's 10+ years old. Some hard winters changed this drastically in the peace.
    In 2000-2002ish, these caliber of bucks, were easier to find, than now.
    Fail! These are 2016 bucks.
    Hunting the promised land

is that the three up montney I have noticed 3 likewise up there.