Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New hunter

New hunter

Hey everyone,
    Like lots of others, I've been lurking around the forum for many months and thought I should make my first post as I'm finally getting my CORE next week. I'm from Langley and 26, and don't have any friends or family that hunts. If anybody has any extra room in their truck this season and wouldn't mind taking an extra guy out for his first time it would be greatly appreciated! So far i've bought my boots, pack, .308, binos and an InReach... Slowly but surely getting my gear together as much as my "financial advisor" will let me

And for the joke of the day:
    Teacher: "Little Johnny, if there are five birds on a fence and you shoot one, how many are left?”
    Little Johnny: “None, the others would fly away.”
    Teacher: “The answer is four, but I like the way you think.”
    Little Johnny: “I have a question for you Miss. There are three women eating ice cream cones, one licking, one biting and one sucking. Which one is married?”
    Teacher nervously answers: “The one sucking…?”
    Little Johnny: “The answer is the one with the wedding ring, but I like the way you think.”
    Last edited by sabourin; 08-09-2016 at 01:03 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New hunter

Welcome!! Do you have rain gear, cold weather gear for later in the season, and a compass??

Welcome

Bahahahahha love the joke....and yea rain gear and compass are a must.....can get pretty turned around in dense bush.....where abouts you thinking of trying out.

I'll have to buy some rain gear and a compass... Good call. I woke up at 5 and drove to Whipsaw, Pasayten and Placer Mtn. and didn't see any deer except for on hwy 3, which was quite disappointing for a day trip. I'd like to start with rabbits, but saw nothing as well.

Heard there is decent area up there....theres deer a lot closer then that though....tough to find but a lot closer

Quote Originally Posted by scotty30-06 View Post
    Heard there is decent area up there....theres deer a lot closer then that though....tough to find but a lot closer
    Could you give me some rough areas? No honey holes obviously but maybe an FSR or two to check out?

Look around Chehalis fsr.....ways up Harrison east side....dont be afraid to poke around chilliwack too

Quote Originally Posted by scotty30-06 View Post
    Look around Chehalis fsr.....ways up Harrison east side....dont be afraid to poke around chilliwack too
    thanks for the tip! For rabbits, deer or both?

More deer and bear....dont think I have ever seen a rabbit up there