Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tree stand?

J-F is offline Thanks for generous GOS!

Re: Tree stand?

Quote Originally Posted by greybark View Post
    dprocter , used them all and settled on a Summit climber . For additional comfort get the larger size like "Golith" or now I think there is still a larger choice . Very little extra weight and the 0ne or two inches extra makes quite a difference .
    That said , some EK ers like the hang ons .
    Try both
    Cheers
    Good info, thanks.

One question: how big and tall are you?

J-F , good morning . Started out at 6-3 and 200lb and now at 6 -1 and 200 lb .
    The reason for the extra width suggestion is that it allows you to sit with your arms comfortably inside the stand rails and hands in your warm pockets .
    The slightly larger foot platform allows a bit more feet and target alignment .
    Good for the bulked up wintering up clothing.
    Cheers
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Quote Originally Posted by greybark View Post
    J-F , good morning . Started out at 6-3 and 200lb and now at 6 -1 and 200 lb .
    The reason for the extra width suggestion is that it allows you to sit with your arms comfortably inside the stand rails and hands in your warm pockets .
    The slightly larger foot platform allows a bit more feet and target alignment .
    Good for the bulked up wintering up clothing.
    Cheers
    Very important point here. If you are in a stand and 'think' you hear animals coming in, the first thing you move to get ready is your feet. If they aren't already in place. I use a fleece pillow to put my feet on my stand. This dampens any creaking or iced boots noise on steel. In early season it dampens the vibram sole against steel.

I have a hang on stand now....but next one I buy will be a climber that way I can have one set up in a honey hole that stays for the whole season....then the climber for side excursions.

The ease of getting up the tree and versatility seems much better then the hang on's just my opinion