Thread: Powell Lake Barging

Question Powell Lake Barging

So I was lucky enough to draw an elk at the head of Powell Lake. I've gone up and scouted during our annual trip to the cabin. Now for logistics. Does anyone know of a contact for barging a quad up to the head of the lake?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Powell Lake Barging

Bob Baxter
    Can maybe help you out

do you have his contact info?

Justin Behan runs a alum landing barge service on the lake. I usually come across him at work once or twice a week, I will get his contact info for you.

Justin would be a good bet

[QUOTE=corey;1803603]So I was lucky enough to draw an elk at the head of Powell Lake. I've gone up and scouted during our annual trip to the cabin. Now for logistics. Does anyone know of a contact for barging a quad up to the head of the lake.
    How did you make out? Any tips ? My wife just got the same draw. I'm also looking for someone to transport a quad up Powell lake. Did you find someone to transport your quad?

[QUOTE=Fordrocks96;2361742]
    Quote Originally Posted by corey View Post
    So I was lucky enough to draw an elk at the head of Powell Lake. I've gone up and scouted during our annual trip to the cabin. Now for logistics. Does anyone know of a contact for barging a quad up to the head of the lake.
    How did you make out? Any tips ? My wife just got the same draw. I'm also looking for someone to transport a quad up Powell lake. Did you find someone to transport your quad?
    Terry Gustafson has both barge and landing craft vessels. He can haul a pick up with the landing craft or several quads. The barge can haul a full camp with trucks and trailers or whatever you need.