Thread: Garmin Astro or Alpha

Garmin Astro or Alpha

Im wondering if anyone here is using a garmin astro or alpha.

I have a Garmin Alpha and I havent updated mine as I was afraid it might render the tracking to be unusable in Canada since Garmin locked out certain countries with firmware version 3.20. (I believe it is 3.60 for the astro)

Anyways, if anyone here is using one, could you tell me if yours works fine and also which firmware version you are currently using? (Im still using 3.10 with my alpha). Also, which collar are you using on your dog? TT10 or TT15? or something else?

The reason i ask is that id like to buy an additional collar for a second dog and from what i see, id need to update in order to use the newer TT15 collar, Im also not sure if an updated TT10 would communicate with my non updated alpha unit.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Garmin Astro or Alpha

Call Double U Hound supply they will be able to answer all your questions.

you cant use the TT15 without the firmware update which will screw us canadian users. I think an updated TT10 should work but not sure. if you find out any other info could you post it here as i might need another collar in the future so am curious to find out the information you get.

updated the alpha to the latest firmware and its working fine.
    ill be ordering the tt15 soon.

I just picked up a Sportdog 2.0 LT and love it so far. To many headaches with the Garmin not being legal in Canada.

Dog_River

There is no headaches with the Garmin. The police are not out looking for you, and they work in Canada no mater what firmware rev you are using.

Quote Originally Posted by thehammer View Post
    There is no headaches with the Garmin. The police are not out looking for you, and they work in Canada no mater what firmware rev you are using.
    Got an Astro, use it, no problem, totally agree with this...........................................
    Hitting is timing. Pitching is upsetting timing

Verein Deutsch Drahthaar Group Canada

(Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend)

I like my sportdog, easy to use and no touch screen

I have a Alpa 100 / TT 10 GPS / TRAINER SYSTEM from GARMIN , we're can I order extra collar's ? The American retailer's claim GARMIN has an export ban outside the continental USA , is there a distributor in Canada ? If any one is looking to sell TT10 collar's or used telemetry equipment please call 604 846 0082 .

https://www.thebcgpsstore.ca/Dog-Tracking-GPS/

Try these guys and let us know how it goes.