Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LEH odds higher this year

LEH odds higher this year

After reading through the did you get you LEH in the mail thread and noticing the odds change on my draw I was wondering how many had either huge jumps in odds or if as I suspect it is a misprint.

My my successful cow calf draw in 8-11 showed the odds as 174:1.

Last year ear odds were about 24:1 and there was 6 tags given out if my memory is correct.

now I was successful on a moose draw last year so I was fighting the lower chance for three years game but a jump from 24:1 to 174:1 seems excessive and also seems that I'm not the only one noticing this.

Curious to see what other odds greatly increased.

My mountian goat draw in 8-09 went up to 435:1 but I believe they dropped the number of tags from 2 to 1 so I expected a double odds with that one.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: LEH odds higher this year

all depends on how many apply for any given draw in the current year (like with investments there should be a caveat stating "past performance is no indication of future results")..and many will apply to a lower odds draw (based on previous year) which will drive up the odds.....as you mentioned it can also be as a result of reduced authorizations...or it could be both ( a double whammy)....

I'm only hunting local this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

I know how the odds work. 615:1 for a cow/calf draw in 3-12 seems excessively high though as reported in the other thread.

I looked it up. 24 tags for 3-12. 615:1 odds would have 14,760 people applying for that draw.

174:1 odds for 8-11 cow/calf would have 1,044 people applying for that draw.

Between just oust these two draws 15,804 people applied, makes me think it's at typo.

Some of my odds were crazy, must have been a screw up....

Definitely a screwup - I didn't get anything! Think I'll phone and ask for a redo!

my moose in 512a is 5.3:1 odds this year, which seems totally legit.

Quote Originally Posted by fireguy View Post
    I looked it up. 24 tags for 3-12. 615:1 odds would have 14,760 people applying for that draw.

174:1 odds for 8-11 cow/calf would have 1,044 people applying for that draw.

Between just oust these two draws 15,804 people applied, makes me think it's at typo.
    I think your right..

Does the synopsis not say " tentative authorizations ".? Meaning that they can change the number before the draw happens. Which then will show the true ratio after everyone has entered in that years lotto.
    ( I find it strange how every year someone will say they entered a low odds draw when the posted odds were for the previous year. )