Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boot Re-Sole southern Vancouver Island

Otter Point (Southern Vancouver Island) MU1-2&3

Re: Boot Re-Sole southern Vancouver Island

Even if you bought them from Viberg they are so back logged with work currently that it could take 6-8 weeks for a resole job to get done, and for a custom set of caulk boots as I was inquiring, they might get them done by Christmas the lady told me.

Otter Point (Southern Vancouver Island) MU1-2&3

If you were in Mission, there is Good Ol Arnold's shoe repair, best place I've ever had repairs or resoles done.

thanks for all the responses guys.

I dropped an email to Hanwag Canada to see what they recommend. Pending the outcome of that, I am going to contact a couple of the lower mainland companies you've recommended.

I have used a LOT of different shoe guys and Royal and Gold Star, in Vancouver, are the best---NOT "the cheapest", but, good boots in good repair are absolutely excellent. They would grind off your old sole and install an ITALIAN Vibram replacement for far less than a new pair of boots.

I would expect about a two week turn-around and would bring them in person, if possible. Then, wash your boots frequently, with warm tap water, an old towel, SOFT brush and allow to dry in a warm place. Buy Obenuaf's LP boot wax and use it regularly and your boots will last longer and your feets will thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    For what it's worth if you make it to the lml Gold Star boot rebuilders on Dunbar and 17th? in Van did a good job on a pair of Meindles for me after a porcupine ate his last leather supper a couple years ago lol.
    HH
    Agree....and they have been mentioned a few times in threads on this topic over the years.

So,

My local cobbler in Duncan said these boots can't be re-soled. I called Hanwag Canada and all they would recommend is getting a recommendation from one of their distributors on a local cobbler. I called the Victoria retailer where I purchased the boots and was told I'd be better off buying a new pair of boots?? But this is also the same retailer that recommended that I just to wear two pairs of socks instead of ordering a size of boot that fits properly. Not going to say the name of that retailer but it's pretty easy to find out who sells Hanwag boots in Victoria.

So, long story short. Stevenson boot repair in Victoria looked at them and said no problem. Do boots like this with this construction all the time. Cost is $80 and that includes a minor mid sole repair just below the Rand on the heel of one boot.
    Boots will be ready mid next week.
    Will give an update on the repair when I get them back .

Oh ya, want to give a public shout out to Hammerhead. He PM'd me and offered to get them repaired in Vancouver for me if I couldn't find a local cobbler that would. Awesome folks on this site!!!!!!
    Last edited by Ron.C; 08-03-2016 at 10:49 AM.

Picked my boots up today.

Very happy with the work that Stevenson's did. And just under a week turnaround time.