Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: sun peaks 3d shoot..

Re: sun peaks 3d shoot..

The present Kamloops 3-D event is a "Must go" and very successful event . Walks with deer , you would need over 40 targets and quite a few helpers . If you have not attended a full 3-D event do so and realize the vast amount of time and resourses required . Perhaps joining the Kamloops club as a contributer would better further your archery goals .
    Hope to see you at their next shoot . In any case good luck with your archery adventures
    Cheers
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

My guess is they won't allow it for liability reasons. Would be fun though.

Financial considerations for Sunpeaks which could be substantial would be added to regular 3-D fees and quite a turnout required for cost recovery .
    I love the concept how ever this is a heavy lift .
    Heck join the Kamloops club and get them to have two of their unique shoots ....
    Cheers

Group Memberships.

BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

I would be in to Shoot ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by greybark View Post
    Financial considerations for Sunpeaks which could be substantial would be added to regular 3-D fees and quite a turnout required for cost recovery .
    I love the concept how ever this is a heavy lift .
    Heck join the Kamloops club and get them to have two of their unique shoots ....
    Cheers
    Maybe……. winky winky

Seems odd we have like 60 Rineharts in a container which only catch for some vitamin D once a year. Honestly, doing a shoot is hard and this year 1 person did most of it alone, but that's the way it is here, like 1200 members but involved members you could count on one hand so if our man does not step up and run it again who knows if it will happen in 2017 anyway.

you may want to talk to the 2012 Cdn 3D nationals organizors .... Leon Meir, Kevin Reimer and few others ... call up Silverstar mountain village and inquire how they liked it etc ....

I recall Kirby triing to do a shoot up Todd Mountain before the foriegners bought it

If you can pull it off I am in ....

be sure to secure accomodation blocks and RV space ...throw up some big money to attract the big numbers ... Honestly get it sanctioned by Archery Canada as a worlds qualifier shoot you will draw alot as well
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Quote Originally Posted by OutsyderBC View Post
    Maybe……. winky winky

Seems odd we have like 60 Rineharts in a container which only catch for some vitamin D once a year. Honestly, doing a shoot is hard and this year 1 person did most of it alone, but that's the way it is here, like 1200 members but involved members you could count on one hand so if our man does not step up and run it again who knows if it will happen in 2017 anyway.
    outsyder can you PM me more info? I've been in kamloops for over 5 years and not once has anyone mentioned a 3d shoot to me...

Outsider I did offer to help at kamloops last year I didnt get feedback.i your number now.

Greybark great advice and i will help kamloops team forsure. I have shot 3d since I was 6 and remember some of the early 3d pioneers and bow makers like the late roy day if I remeber right a good freind of yours.

Rember some of the great shoots like the flying pig ect.

My dad and I set up the mission course for years until I had to move out for work..

I will work on sunpeaks I know how to sell something normally pretty well.

Marc can contact me if he needs help I can probably bring extra labour and I asked him last year for a material list if he needs anything.

2x4, rebar, ribbon, burlap, ect.
    Last edited by walks with deer; 01-02-2017 at 10:04 PM.

Outsider I did offer to help at kamloops last year I didnt get feedback.i have your number now.

Greybark great advice and i will help kamloops team forsure. I have shot 3d since I was 6 and remember some of the early 3d pioneers and bow makers like the late roy day if I remeber right a good freind of yours.

Rember some of the great shoots like the flying pig ect.

My dad and I set up the mission course for years until I had to move out for work..

I will work on sunpeaks I know how to sell something normally pretty well.

Marc can contact me if he needs help I can probably bring extra labour and I asked him last year for a material list if he needs anything.

2x4, rebar, ribbon, burlap, ect.

Outsyder will appreciate your sincere offer of help ! See you at the shoot .
    Cheers

Group Memberships.

BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC