Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FLNRO release- Drones

Re: FLNRO release- Drones

Quote Originally Posted by takla1 View Post
    You can pattern Blacktails by using game cams set at different elevations on your perfered mnt.As long as there's doe's present you will get pics of the bucks comeing down as the weather cools and the rut progress's.

takla
    I tried that, There are too many trails-I'd need to buy a truck load of cameras to cover the entire mountain lol if they used the same few main trails religiously I'd be a happy man.

I thought that it was already written in stone.
    IT’S UNLAWFUL(2016 HUNTING REGS)
    (27.) To use a helicopter, including a drone, while on a hunting expedition.

Larry Pynn, Vancouver Sun 05.19.2015
    http://www.vancouversun.com/technolo...683/story.html

Personally I have nothing against trail cameras but they should be made inoperable a week before & during the hunting season's duration.
    The threads MY CAMERA GOT STOLEN have become AD NAUSEAM.
    In practice there is bugger all you can do about it!
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

People who think you can "pattern" an animal in BC have watched too many private land/high fenced hunts on Wild TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    I got a photo of a 2 point bull moose in August. Guess what? He wasn't there on November 1st when the season opened.

I have a couple of cameras because we really enjoy the photos we get. And we get an outing to go set them up or check them, picnic in the bush and the dog gets to sniff around and piss and crap on everything.

Unfair advantage? No, but some shitty hunters might be afraid you're going to shoot something and they aren't.

Some hunters are their own worst enemies.
    +1
    Guides and Indians must love these threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    I thought that it was already written in stone.
    IT’S UNLAWFUL(2016 HUNTING REGS)
    (27.) To use a helicopter, including a drone, while on a hunting expedition.

Larry Pynn, Vancouver Sun 05.19.2015
    http://www.vancouversun.com/technolo...683/story.html

Personally I have nothing against trail cameras but they should be made inoperable a week before & during the hunting season's duration.
    The threads MY CAMERA GOT STOLEN have become AD NAUSEAM.
    In practice there is bugger all you can do about it!
    It's been changed to include data obtained by. Meaning you don't actually have to have the drone on you. Imagery from the drone saved on your phone could constitute illigal usage of drones.

So what does this do for the guys who use drones to shoot footage for tv shows/etc? I'm guessing that's now illegal as well as itd be pretty hard to prove you're not using it for hunting purposes?

I'm all for the law, the cool pan around shots we won't see on YouTube videos is the only downside

I guess the TV show people will have to consult their lawyer and/or the CO service. Maybe they could make post hunt drone footage?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Glad drones are banned.

From my experience with trail cams I can't imagine improving my chances of shooting something other than having the cam tell me that there is game in the area. I've seen one mule deer buck a few years in a row on the cam and only caught a glimpse of him in real life, miles away (and up) from where the cam was.

I've got two I check every few/several months. The best thing about them is the predators that I get pics of, especially cats.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey