Thread: Motion goose decoys for snowies

Motion goose decoys for snowies

Does anyone use flapping decoys to simulate landing behaviour? I'm heavily researching all of these right now. Motion decoys are one of the missing elements in my small decoy spread. These are for snowies.

So far I've been looking at the White Rock Deck Boss. There is an equivalent by Silosocks.

I would rather not go into the expense of motorized ones. Plus, I like my peace and quiet.

Do people use flags too?

Right now I have around 40 snowies of various types including full body to foam to the windsock variety.

Funny thing I've noticed is no one seems to sell silhouette snowies? Why is that?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Motion goose decoys for snowies

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    Does anyone use flapping decoys to simulate landing behaviour? I'm heavily researching all of these right now. Motion decoys are one of the missing elements in my small decoy spread. These are for snowies.

So far I've been looking at the White Rock Deck Boss. There is an equivalent by Silosocks.

I would rather not go into the expense of motorized ones. Plus, I like my peace and quiet.

Do people use flags too?

Right now I have around 40 snowies of various types including full body to foam to the windsock variety.

Funny thing I've noticed is no one seems to sell silhouette snowies? Why is that?
    I know that RealGeese used to make them in their Pro Series. K

Yea I noticed. I have some of their silos for Canadas, which is why I wonder how come there aren't others available. Cheap to make and easy to carry. Strange. I was wondering if maybe snowies were too smart for silos.

Snow geese are far from smart, especially compared to Canadas, they will decoy to anything white! As to why there isn't many manufacturers making them maybe it's because they're so easy to copy, no artistry skills required. K

That is an interesting point. If white plastic bags work, who would spend the money on quality ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

lol gotcha.. so maybe I should just wave around plastic bags instead of looking for flappers ?

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    lol gotcha.. so maybe I should just wave around plastic bags instead of looking for flappers ?
    Bingo, you're a quick study! K

@fowl language, you need to clear your private message folder as it has exceeded its limit apparently.