Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black bear season

Black bear season

Hey folks....with the season of the bruin right around the corner...I am trying to make a choice....do i hunt harrison qhere i know the turf or to i stretch my legs into whistler squamish area?...decisions decisions

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Black bear season

None of those choices go north west/west of Lytton

This is my first spring and I’m in the LM, so sounds like similar areas I was thinking. I can make it to Squamish/Whistler in a lot less time than Harrison, so I’m leaning that way myself

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacanuck View Post
    This is my first spring and I’m in the LM, so sounds like similar areas I was thinking. I can make it to Squamish/Whistler in a lot less time than Harrison, so I’m leaning that way myself
    thats what I was thinking also but by the time you drive far enough in past the no shooting zones you could either be over the Duffy or on the coquihalla somewhere. Not saying it’s a bad idea but I think I’d go further away personally

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingtyler123 View Post
    thats what I was thinking also but by the time you drive far enough in past the no shooting zones you could either be over the Duffy or on the coquihalla somewhere. Not saying it’s a bad idea but I think I’d go further away personally
    Duffy and Coquihalla are also areas I plan to possibly hit spring is early so bears are out!

Duffy and Coquihalla are also areas I plan to possibly hit spring is early so bears are out!
    Wanna bet bears don’t really start hitting the ground till after the first week of May

Go for a ride but bears usually don’t really start moving until May. Especially if you’re going up to areas that are higher elevation

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Wanna bet bears don’t really start hitting the ground till after the first week of May
    I agree sorta to that statement. Bears usually don’t hit the ground till May because normally the smaller bears are out now and isn’t till May when you see bigger boats roaming around so yeah May is when bears hit the ground. But there are bears out now as I’m typing. True story

Bears are awake in places already start looking.

Quote Originally Posted by bc_buckshot View Post
    I agree sorta to that statement. Bears usually don’t hit the ground till May because normally the smaller bears are out now and isn’t till May when you see bigger boats roaming around so yeah May is when bears hit the ground. But there are bears out now as I’m typing. True story
    Some never sleep in the lower mainland and island so I don’t doubt you for a second some bears are up now

Some truth in the little ones are up first (often poor den sites) but even overall numbers is May as well