Quote Originally Posted by klondiker View Post
I used it on three hunts last fall for bighorns, simple to set-up, it comes with 4 or 5 velcro straps (about the circumference of a hockey puck) and attached is a plastic o-ring, about the size of a quarter, and it has a slit in it to allow you to slide the sensing line into it. Then all I do is find trees small enough to attach the velcro straps too, if I can't make smaller trees work, I just push some sturdy and large enough sticks into the ground and attach the straps that way.

I've never once had it triggered by wind, and it's worked great. I just disconnect the battery (it has a space inside the cover) when I'm not using it and I always carry a spare incase the battery I'm using dies. And I test the system every night before going to sleep, to make sure the battery is good to go. It's super easy to set up and can make any shape perimeter you want. I just secure it to the trees or sticks at about a 2 foot height, so it's easy to step over when you're crossing over it

sounds great. Has it ever warned you of a bear or other critter in camp? Also, how far from the tent do you set up the perimeter? Last but not least, how did your sheep hunt go?