Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Tenting in Grizzly territory

Re: Tenting in Grizzly territory

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    I know a few guys who drink warm beer. When I asked who the hell drinks warm beer their response was….how do you keep beer cold when your on the top of a mtn 12km from the truck.
    Thats commitment to the beer lol. Maybe a small flask of whiskey but I wouldn't pack a 6er up a mountain lol
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Those 12-gauge trip alarms work the same way as the perimeter alarm system. You run a Kevlar fishing line around the area, I use zap straps to small trees or poles so the line can slip through easily on corners, etc, we usually run one around the meat pole and set up the others around our tent. Look for trails that critters would use to come into camp and boogy trap them. We also put them around the downed animal if we have to leave it overnight, be sure to put some flagging tape on the line to let you know if something has tripped the alarm when you arrive in the morning.
    MM

When tenting in grizzly country I personally keep my food in the tent. I am not advocating you do it just saying that its what i do.

Quote Originally Posted by BearSupreme View Post
    Ive heard if you drink bud light you can just identify as being safe and the bears cant attack you
    Lol!...............

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    I don't think a mountain bear knows what fresh bread smells like. Who packs beer into the mountains.
    What I'm saying is you smell damn good to them if you drink it supposedly. I know ppl that have packed in beer a ways.. and I've found empty beer cans way up in the alpine before. Though I'd imagine in most of those cases those ppl aren't camping up there..

im not shy to put 2 beer in my day pack and carry those things for miles...sometimes without even drinking them...would never throw garbage anywhere and i pick up any i see so you wouldnt find a can anywhere i have been...i even blew a shot on a WT one time cuz of a couple of empties i picked up were in my pocket and crunched when i squatted down to shoot..doh