Thread: National Firearms Association??

National Firearms Association??

I got a letter and "badge" today from the National Firearms Association out of Edmonton asking me to join.

Has anyone else got the letter? Does anyone know anything about this association?

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: National Firearms Association??

I've got the same letter today. I'm joining. It's time to have our own NRA.
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 62# @ 28", Osage-Bloodwood/Maple/Bamboo with Bocote Riser
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 53# @ 28", Bocote/Bamboo with Water Buffalo Horn Covered Belly
    Blackwidow Recurve 56" 61# @ 28"

That's great your adding to the numbers. They are a good organization to back, along with CSSA and few others. If you can afford it, join them all, there is strength in numbers. Membership with the NFA is included with our Rod and Club membership as is a BCWF membership come to think of it.

They've been around since the mid 70's and with the exception of a few years in the late 90's I've been a member. the few years I missed were as a result of a real clown that was representing them in B.C. He's long gone and the NFA and the Responsible Firearms Owners of BC are both worthwhile organizations who have continued the fight even though a lot of us had given up. With the Ontario and Quebec Gov'ts going brain dead with there new and proposed regs. we can be glad we have these organizations and don't have a Liberal Gov't. remember Martin's election pledge to ban all handguns. Imagine if we still had the idiots Chretian and Rock. I'd urge everyone to join one or both, we need all the numbers and support we can get

NFA
    CSSA
    RFOBC

Are all worht joining these days. NFA seems to have overcome it's interior problems and got rid of Jim Hinter, a source of controversy.

Blair Hagen, here in BC is pretty motivated.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I am glad to hear that, JH WAS an imbecile with an enormous ego, little firearms knowledge and a unique manner of alienating potentially capable supporters of the NFA. I first joined back in the '70s and refused to renew my membership after a couple of years of JH's BS.

If, the BC "rep" that Bullmoose referred to is who I think it was, that guy was a certifiable whackjob and we do NOT need extremist or self-serving wannabes representing us. Thanks to Gates for the timely info.

I also just joined the BC Civil Liberties Ass'n. due to their work with police power-abuse issues. I recently had my entire very valuable gun collection seized by the VPD because I had to put down one of my Rottweilers late one Sat. afternoon, unexpectedly.

There was no real reason to take my guns, it was just the hyper-authoritarian attitude of the ERT "leader" who REALLY pushed the envelope as a retired senior R.C.M.P. officer adn friend of my wife's informed us. I got my guns back after a chat with the VPD guy in charge of firearms, whom I used to work with, BUT, there was damage to several of my most expensive pieces.

So, loud rhetoric and a total anti-cop attitude are a waste of time for gun owners, we NEED to stay focused, change the laws AND the Constitution of Canada to protect OUR rights; a strong NFA, CSSA and BCWF WILL help to do this. I will be renewing with the first two and always keep my membership in the "Fed". While most of the cops who came to my humble home were polite and not offensive, there is NO reason why a couple such as my wife and I should be subjected to warrantless search and seizure of our private property, EVER!

United we stand........
    Last edited by kutenay; 06-17-2007 at 02:35 AM.