Thread: Newbie

So i thought i should say hi, newbie here, joined a while ago but just been looking around and reading.
    Never really hunted, no one in my family hunts, but it is something I want to do.

Got my PAL recently and booked on to my CORE for end of july.
    I live in Vancouver and basically aiming to hunt birds and maybe a deer this season and progress into it slowly.

Looking to join a gun club or fishing and hunting club to help me meet other hunters so recommendations welcome.
    That's basically it.

Thank you to the mods etc as this site is really well run and has been a great resource so far.

Simon

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Newbie

add some info about yourself and you might pick up a mentor here,
    or maybe another newbie that's in the same boat and you can scout and learn together.
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

Will do Sparkes3, Thank you

Welcome Simon,

Lots of great terrain within a short drive of the city. The nice thing about learning to hunt is the experience is identical to the guy that knows what he is doing, you just won't see as many critters. Pay attention to what you see in the woods and come back here to ask questions.

I don't recommend the Squamish range for meeting people. Seems every time I'm there I'm the only one.

Beware the gun collection addiction. The only reason my last purchase didn't push me into a second gunsafe is it folds up and fits in a pocket on the safe door. Stay away from the Gun Talk thread or you will soon realize how many guns you really have to have.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Thank you albravo2 , If i am honest this year is all about learning and if i get any meat then great, but I want to just get out and walk the trails and start to learn the signs and lay of the land.

Going to try one the ranges in Richmond in a few weeks, and hopefully meet a few people on my CORE this weekend.

Are there many grouse up squamish way?

Welcome to HBC. Glad for your contribution.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Hey man....if you don't find a mentor message me closer to the season.....i can help you with some spots and maybe even take you out of schedule matches up.....but as posted welcome to site

Quote Originally Posted by scotty30-06 View Post
    Hey man....if you don't find a mentor message me closer to the season.....i can help you with some spots and maybe even take you out of schedule matches up.....but as posted welcome to site
    Thank you, I will drop you a message nearer the time