Thread: Deluxe Alaknak™ II Tent

Deluxe Alaknak™ II Tent

I have been scoping out this tent on cabelas. It seems allright. What i really like is it is more compact then a traditional wall tent. I do a fare bit of fly in hunts and a wall tent would be ideal. its just the room and weight of it. What does everyone else think. This tent does strike me as being a bit mickey mouse though.
    Trigger finger

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Deluxe Alaknak™ II Tent

If you want something lighter then a wall tent, and still hand-made (quality), not mass produced like something from Cabelas, I would take a look at an Eena tent from http://www.beckelcanvas.com/ It looks like it's much simpler then the Cabelas tent, only weighs about 30 pounds and will sleep 4 guys with all gear and a stove quite comfortably. Most of their setups will run around $700 but with the exchange rate it's a good time to buy certain items down south.

Good Luck!
    Carl

I was looking at that too. Looks good. I was thinking of this one though. http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...=cat602107&rid=
    It's a bit smaller and I could use it for family camping trips too...at least that's what I'm telling the wife.

Get one from these guys http://www.kifaru.net/TIPI_SLEDhm.htm.

First class hard core equipment. Check out the weight including a super lite stove!!!!
    We bought a 12 man and it gave us near 150Lbs extra moose capacity for fly in trips.

Good equipment is worth the asking price.

Here is one in action I bought it three seasons ago and I have been everywhere with it in all seasons. Its much easier for us to use than a wall tent and is sturdy and weatherproof. I have lived in it for 6 weeks a year hunting for the past three and its still in good shape. We use it in the off season as the family camping tent so its seen some use! This spring it rained hard for three days straight during our bear hunt the tent is waterproof for sure! Fire up the wood stove and its toasty and warm! Its a bit pricey though unless you really plan on getting some use out of it. The beauty of these tents is it takes 15 minutes to set one up! Mine is the 12x12 model, lots of room for three guys, you can fit four but with gear,boots,etc its a bit tight. Skip the beans for dinner with four My advice if you do buy it and plan on using the wood stove with it buy the add-on tent protector panel for around the stove pipe. Mine came with the stove, the stove is okay but I really need to get a better stove. I also use the Zodi tent heater with my model and it works great too.

I got the 12 x 12 last fall. I also got a deal on the stove ($50 off) I also got the floor protector and roof protector. I'll order the vestibule in a couple of weeks. I've used it once and it was great. I'll be using it for 14 days on our fly in this fall.
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

I bought one and I love it so far it is simple to set up and it is waterproof for sure. I would recommend buying one for sure.

Hey. Can anyone tell me if they have had condensation issues?

My buddy bought one last year (12x20) and it worked pretty good. Minor condensation, but with 4 guys and crummy, wet weather for 2 cold weeks that can be expected. Just a few small puddles in the corners. Without a good wood stove, I think it would have been worse. Watch out for sparks as they will make small little holes wherever they touch the nylon fabric. I quite liked it and wouldn't hesitate to buy one, but yes they are pricey.