Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: LEH Results Are Out

Re: LEH Results Are Out

My son and I got nothing but the daughter got bull moose in 6-01.She will be in school but hunting is more fun than school!

Quote Originally Posted by Glassman View Post
    But 3 people not getting drawn for 8 years??? You would think that one of us should get something every 3 or 4 years.
    With 8:1 odds you would expect to get drawn once every 8 years so you are bang on. What most people don't get is the odds and the statistics behind them.
    Even with great odds of 4:1 that's only a 25% chance of getting drawn. Not really good when you think about it.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Glassman View Post
    Here are the results for my 2 boys and I.
    Me: 0 for 3
    Son #1: 0 for 3
    Son #2: 0 for 3
    The odds for the 3 species ranged from 8-1 to 12-1
    The last time any of the 3 of us got drawn was 8 years ago. I thought that there was some BS called "enchanced draw" for people if you didn't get drawn the year before. I know a guy who finally got his draw. He's been trying for 20 years. Another buddy got his moose draw 3 times out of the last 5 years. All in the PG area. Another buddy got drawn for moose in the Kootneys last year. First time in 20 years. The whole draw system makes no sense to me. Why does the average Joe Schmo not get anything but guide/outfitters get moose every year? I can't afford to spend $5,000 to hunt with a guide.
    The one year I and my 2 boys put in for elk in an area that the odds ended up being 1.1-1. We didn't get that either.
    I'm not saying that I should get drawn every year or every 2nd year. But 3 people not getting drawn for 8 years??? You would think that one of us should get something every 3 or 4 years.
    Why complain about the system when it is just the way it is....

Instead of complaining about not getting a draw and you can't afford 5k for a hunt why not drive north for about the same amount of time it took your buddy to hunt moose in the kooteneys and hunt moose GOS.

If you want it bad enough in the province you can hunt it, well other than a rosie.

SFA for me but I'm still buying a sheep tag...

let the i gotta draw and have no idea about the area lookin for advice threads begin!

Who cares?

Got a shared moose hunt with my brother, much closer to his home this time around. Have not won any others since we first put in draws back in 2012, and each got a bull tag in the same MU. It was kinda weird I thought, but maybe we had the first timers luck? That said, where we went was not good, and we had no luck at all.

Got a sheep draw in 8-15 woo-hoo.

Zilch for the wife and myself for deer & moose, odds were 4.4 :1 for deer and 7.0 :1 for moose but really can't complain as we have entered since they came out and have made out pretty good over all the years, as they say "It is what it is" Looking back over the years, I would consider ourselves on the lucky side, you can't get drawn every year and we never did and we never went years without being drawn but some years were luckier than others. Around 5 years ago I put in for moose in area 4, the wife put in for moose in area 8……..what's the chance of both being drawn?……we were, I got the moose in area 4 but we could not get into the area 8 due to the weather at the time of the draw. There were only 5 permits available in her part of area 8, and she snagged one. Kinda screwed us up for both being drawn for moose for 3 years but we will live with it, there is always next year.

Nothing for my group of 5 guys as well, though we have been fortunate in the past!....... Oh well.... time to go explore the province and see if we get lucky! good luck to all this year!!!

Nothing for me: 0 for 4. I just feel sad for the deer out there because I got to hunt them now.