Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: LEH Results Are Out

Re: LEH Results Are Out

My son and I both got mule doe.

I got a muley doe, my step-daughter got bull moose in the Cariboo and a muley doe, and my poor mugwump got zilch...but he's 12 so he still gets to hunt the pre-season for bucks.
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!

Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1 View Post
    Isnt there a antlerless mule season with bow. or youth antlerless in your area?
    Yes but I'm not a bow guy and although I'm told I look a lot younger than I am ( usually at restaraunts, they get big tips ) I doubt I'd pass for a "youth."
    Have to wait a few years for #1 Grand Daughter then maybe she'll go hunting with me.

It's been a long time coming, but we finally got a moose shared hunt. While i'm very excited about this, I can't help but be annoyed by the logistics of the situation. We have not had a moose draw for 7 years, and this year between my family and my lady lovely's, we have 6 moose draws. Can we trade 4 of them in on an island elk maybe??

I probably should have waited another couple of years as a newer hunter, this being my first full year in the game, but I got a Bull Moose draw in 7-27. First time entering, and will probably be the only draw I get in my lifetime.

The best part about it is that I have an old climbing buddy who has been hunting almost his whole life, and he got skunked this year. Happy to have the opportunity for a new adventure with a seasoned and well-equipped hunter.

We'll be going up for a couple of weeks at the end of September/beginning of October, unless the almanac says otherwise about the rut this year.
    Last edited by BigD_83; 07-04-2016 at 11:16 AM.