Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alberta Draws Deadline

Thumbs up Re: Alberta Draws Deadline

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktail View Post
    what zone Nog
    530 Moose, 150 Mulie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: Alberta Draws Deadline

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    Do you know 118 well Blacktail?

I've never hunted it before myself, but a buddy of mine has for many years. He missed getting an altered Muley draw this year but he did get a Muley and Whitetail antlerless draw.

Should be be a good time. If nothing else it will be a new area to explore.
    I've hunted 118 several times and used to live south of there and travel through it every few days. If you need some info or pointers shoot me a PM and glad to help.

Can kill some good bucks in there but it's really cool country to explore for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    530 Moose, 150 Mulie
    I've got an early season 530 bull tag too. I know the area real well Nog, so if you need any information just ask. If you have access to an Argo I know a spot that is pretty much a give me.

I'll be hunting out of my boat pretty much the whole time. My neighbor has a 518 draw so we have both sides of the Athabasca covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    I've hunted 118 several times and used to live south of there and travel through it every few days. If you need some info or pointers shoot me a PM and glad to help.

Can kill some good bucks in there but it's really cool country to explore for sure.

Thanks for the offer. PM sent.

Thumbs up Re: Alberta Draws Deadline

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    I've got an early season 530 bull tag too. I know the area real well Nog, so if you need any information just ask. If you have access to an Argo I know a spot that is pretty much a give me.
    And that Right There is what this site is ALL about!! Hunters actually Helping other Hunters!

I sincerely appreciate the offer Fuzzy One! However my Partner in this instance is one of the local Trappers (Huge area) and we'll be flying in to his cabin (has 3 quads already on site, all the amenities including a shower!) that managed to be missed by this summer's inferno. He puts in a LOT of time out there, and sweet-talked me into this run. Suspect we might see the odd one...

I'll be hunting out of my boat pretty much the whole time. My neighbor has a 518 draw so we have both sides of the Athabasca covered.
    Man! Sounds like you have it WELL covered! Best of Luck & I am looking right forward to hearing the tales (and seeing the pictures of course!).

Cheers & Thanks!
    Nog

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Congrats on your tags Matt. I am sure you will kill a Hawg in that Primo zone for your Muley.
    Roy you have a Great Muley tag as well...We should see another Cranker fall to the Blacktail blade.
    I drew my Bull Moose in 220 around home , My son drew his in 234 where we have a couple tied up. We plan on heading there with our Bows right after the Antelope Hunt if my other 2 Boys draws are successful in the 150's. Then its back home to chase my Bull....Great habitat out there this year with Bumper crops should produce some Good looking animals.

And that Right There is what this site is ALL about!! Hunters actually Helping other Hunters!

I sincerely appreciate the offer Fuzzy One! However my Partner in this instance is one of the local Trappers (Huge area) and we'll be flying in to his cabin (has 3 quads already on site, all the amenities including a shower!) that managed to be missed by this summer's inferno. He puts in a LOT of time out there, and sweet-talked me into this run. Suspect we might see the odd one...

Nog
    In the spirit of hunters helping each other out...what you are planning is not legally allowed. Trapper cabins are to be used for trapping duties only. There is a fair bit of abuse of it as guys claim to be cutting firewood or fixing bridges...but it is clearly written that they NOT be used as hunting camps. If you ask your bud about it I'm sure he already knows this...it IS common knowledge over here...and he will likely cringe hard that you told the world about your plans.

On the bright side, the rules are seldom enforced and if it's as remote as you say, you likely won't even see the fish cops there anyway. Just thought you should know what you're getting into just in case a problem arises. Good luck up there. There are some hogs in the remote wilderness in that part of the world.
    glad to be here

Cool Re: Alberta Draws Deadline

Quote Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
    In the spirit of hunters helping each other out...what you are planning is not legally allowed. Trapper cabins are to be used for trapping duties only.
    Full Disclosure: He is also an Outfitter with a black bear concession in that area.
    Cabin has been attached to that operation for many many years.
    I foresee no issues...

Cheers,
    Nog

Guess he got to Know me

Full Disclosure: He is also an Outfitter with a black bear concession in that area.
    Cabin has been attached to that operation for many many years.
    I foresee no issues...

Cheers,
    Nog
    Might as well continue off the rails until the Pronghorn draws come out.

Nog, as you may be aware, illegal use of trapline cabins is finally on the radar with F&W Ab. Enforcement of the law will be happening.

For full disclosure, what is the outfitter's business name?

How can he legally use a trapline cabin for outfitting?

There are ways. Just curious how your friend is doing it....

Cool Re: Alberta Draws Deadline

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    Might as well continue off the rails until the Pronghorn draws come out.
    LOL!

How can he legally use a trapline cabin for outfitting?
    Might well be due to the fact he was operating a hunting camp out of it for several years prior to purchasing the adjacent trapline.
    Cabin is now listed for both purposes.

I'll have to run it by him to see if he wants him name broadcast here.
    Likely won't mind at all, but out of respect, I do have to ask before doing so...
    Not too hard to figure out if you know me btw...

Cheers,
    Nog

Guess he got to Know me