Thread: Sheep hunting Atlin

Sheep hunting Atlin

Looking into hunts for next August starting the initial research any one have info on Atlin area surprise lake trout lake Gladys lake and the surrounding smaller lakes. This Is the initial start point I think

probably do a fly in from Atlin seems like a spot with some sheep,

any input would be nice, regarding access easy difficult? Are there hiking spots within reason if fly in isn't option, Don't bother going there's no sheep (that won't work on me though) anyways stuff like that

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sheep hunting Atlin

Did you get the leh?

Providing I do? Will be making trip up to Whitehorse anyways as a friend just moved so hunt with him in Yukon or fly in to bc for sheep

PM sent>>>>>

Hunted those areas for caribou a few years ago. Saw a few good looking rams, but none seemed to be quite legal (marginal).
    Drove in with truck/camper, quadded and then glassed and hiked. Beautiful country!

Well finally drew the tag, sticking the the same plan fly on to surprise, trout, Gladys or Lincoln lakes and find some sheep, 10 days I think hope for a leh caribou and pack a moose tag,

can anyone expand on the area, hunting pressure, guides around, general hunting in the area,

can pm me about any of the lakes or access issues or anything I should maybe know, it will be first sheep hunt but I am confident on the plan and hope to see a sheep

Hmmm flew in last sept with Atlin air..only Comercial operation in Atlin...excellent pilot..saw sheep going in for moose saw sheep coming out.looks like great area to hike..almost good enough for atv..nt rugged in most places.
    Cheers
    Steven