Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: bcmoosecamp.com

Re: bcmoosecamp.com

Assuming the territory has some sort of facilities (like cabins etc) attached to it, you would probably do better with 20 hunters putting in $10K than 200 putting in $1K each.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

A good friend of mine was looking at the possibility of buying a territory. From what I understand they are more like $500k to $1.5M

it would be a cool movement it the combined power of resident hunters could secure many of the territories. I'm still thinking co-op style. A sure tag every few years in addition to leh. With several territories would come political clout to help push the government in the right direction on issues of hunting, access, allocation and wildlife management.
    ἀλήθεια

Make like a baby and head out!

Gate I I had 20 co owners a long weekend we could build 4 comfy cabins on the cheap

Asco thanks for the resposense so how much did it come to

I don't really know what to think on this one.

I think the allocation sucks, but I have respect for outfitters like BearValley and Chilcotin Hillbilly. Based on what I've seen them post, they strike me as reasonable guys trying to feed their families, live their dreams, and manage wildlife in a way that doesn't threaten their lifestyies.

I also respect Dan, and he strikes me as a decent man. If his hate for GOABC is legit, I won't question his moosecamp idea, or the fact that he posted lots of pics and info about hunting in another guide's territory.

Who to believe?
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Interesting idea coming from an outfitter. I wonder how you would feel if 100 hunters showed up on your doorstep and attempted to destroy your livelihood. Something you are willing to do to any of them. Shows real character!
    [QUOTE=danbrooks;1864159]I like your idea too! I learned one thing this past year from all the persecution, nothing hurts an outfitter like exposing where and how to hunt his territory! Boy did that get a reaction! Who wants to go hunting with me next summer? Let's get 100 guys and flood a territory this fall![/QU

Quote Originally Posted by danbrooks View Post
    I like your idea too! I learned one thing this past year from all the persecution, nothing hurts an outfitter like exposing where and how to hunt his territory! Boy did that get a reaction! Who wants to go hunting with me next summer? Let's get 100 guys and flood a territory this fall!
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Interesting idea coming from an outfitter. I wonder how you would feel if 100 hunters showed up on your doorstep and attempted to destroy your livelihood. Something you are willing to do to any of them. Shows real character!
    This could get entertaining now that the guy that ran Dan's outfitting show while Dan was away being a politician has joined in.
    Have at it Huevos!

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    This could get entertaining now that the guy that ran Dan's outfitting show while Dan was away being a politician has joined in.
    Have at it Huevos!
    A disgruntled employee, that gets old real quick! K

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    A disgruntled employee, that gets old real quick! K
    Lol.
    You are probably right but Huevos does bring up a good point.
    Dan would probably want to puke if Huevos rounded up 100 guys to specifically target GOS spike/fork bulls in his area.
    Dans schemes are a product of his personal agenda brought on by his hatred of GOABC.
    Wildlife sustainability or well being is obviously not in part of the plan.
    Im not on the GOABC team but I'm not buying Dan's line either.

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    I don't really know what to think on this one.

I think the allocation sucks, but I have respect for outfitters like BearValley and Chilcotin Hillbilly. Based on what I've seen them post, they strike me as reasonable guys trying to feed their families, live their dreams, and manage wildlife in a way that doesn't threaten their lifestyies.

I also respect Dan, and he strikes me as a decent man. If his hate for GOABC is legit, I won't question his moosecamp idea, or the fact that he posted lots of pics and info about hunting in another guide's territory.

Who to believe?
    Who to belive? None are actually wrong in what they say.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!