Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drathaar's

Re: Drathaar's

I am a bit confused, I have always used the term, "German Wirehaired Pointer" for these dogs and "German Shorthaired Pointer"for the smoothcoated type also known as "Kutzhaars." Is this correct?

I have had purebred fogs for over 50 years and am a hardcore Rottweiler man; I love these big, tough guys and am pretty good with them; I expect to have a few head of Rottgods for the rest of my life. However, they are not a particularly good bush dog, for various reasons and I want a dog to track possibly wounded game and fetch Grouse, etc.

So, I am considering getting a Drathaar and wonder how onw would get along with Rottweilers; are they mellow with other dogs, or, are they too competitive and agressive? I have no desire to have a yearling DD tangle with a Rott., who do not lose fights. Please advise.

Re: Drathaar's

The Guy to talk to here about Drats would be Zanconb.I have a six month old Drat and i am impressed she points, retrieves and they are excellant trackers and retrievers of lost game.As far as temperment my female is friendly with people and other dogs .They do bond with there owner and she definately wants to be number one over our other dog but so far no problem. Go to the VDD group Canada website or the US and they have alot of information about the breeding program.
    Last edited by Buck; 11-23-2007 at 06:15 PM.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess