Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Exo Mountain Gear

Re: Exo Mountain Gear

Does it come in camo?

Multicam. hahaha - I am turning into a solid color granola muncher!
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by mddat View Post
    Have you received your pack yet? Any thoughts on comfort and quality?
    it showed up yesterday. Initial impressions is - very well designed and high quality materials/ I did a 9km hike this morning with it @ 30lbs and everything was great. I also just received my Mystery Ranch Metcalf today so it will be interesting to see how the two packs compare. Exo is 3500cu but is really more like 4500cu when you factor in the external pockets. Metcalf 4325cu -- Exo a hair under 5lbs with the waist belt pockets (2) and 3 of their stash pockets. Metcalf 5.75lbs with no belt pockets

Exo $900, Metcalf $640...
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

another 9km this morning in the Exo w/ 30lbs. Very comfortable, now need to work up in weight

I would really be interested in how you are still enjoying your exo 2200 vs say your pintler. Those are the two I am stuck on and not sure which way to go. In your short time with both do you have any pros/cons etc?
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

I have the 3500 Exo. I have the Pintler but haven't played with it yet. The Exo2000 looks great, I may pick one up if they offer a nice Black Friday type of sale. Love my 3500, but have put equal amount of miles on my Metcalf with the same weights - both carry very well. Exo has better organization with the Stash pocket accessory

have a 3500 , hands down the best pack I have had and that is many. 90 pounds coming out for 4 hours , it was sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    I have the 3500 Exo. I have the Pintler but haven't played with it yet. The Exo2000 looks great, I may pick one up if they offer a nice Black Friday type of sale. Love my 3500, but have put equal amount of miles on my Metcalf with the same weights - both carry very well. Exo has better organization with the Stash pocket accessory
    Thanks for the info. Good to know. I see you have a guide light frame for sale, do you know what other packs would fit on that or is a person stuck trying to find one of the new bags?
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

I believe most of the previous NICE frame bags (7500, 6500, Metcalf, Crew Cab etc) should fit.

I had 100+ hours of field time with the Exo3500 this month, LOVE IT. Lightweight, comfortable, serious quality and fit/finish is top notch. Durable too no issues so far whatsoever