Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Exo Mountain Gear

Re: Exo Mountain Gear

Great stuff thanks for sharing. Its always nice to get real world reviews on packs. I hope you continue to update as the season progresses.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

Since you have had both the exo and new MR stuff I would like to ask your opinion on which would be the better pack to sink $$$ into. I am not in need of a big bag like the 3500 or metcalf, so I have been looking at the pintler and the k2 2000 for a day pack with the meat hauling capabilities. What are any pros/cons you have found between the two brands of packs?
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

First off, they're both great. For me, it boils down to the Exo is lighter, probably due to it's Titanium frame, and it's just as comfortable to haul heavy loads as the Mystery Ranch. I like that you can add the waistbelt pockets on the Exo that stay put, MR currently offers no pockets on the waistbelt and if you added some, they'd flop around and be tough to get into with one hand because they'd not be anchored in place. I have no experience with the Exo 2000 yet, but will pick one up before next fall. The Pintler has some nice organization, but I suspect the Exo 2000 offers a bit more especially when you can add four of their mesh organizer pockets inside (and is about 10oz lighter than MR).
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    First off, they're both great. For me, it boils down to the Exo is lighter, probably due to it's Titanium frame, and it's just as comfortable to haul heavy loads as the Mystery Ranch. I like that you can add the waistbelt pockets on the Exo that stay put, MR currently offers no pockets on the waistbelt and if you added some, they'd flop around and be tough to get into with one hand because they'd not be anchored in place. I have no experience with the Exo 2000 yet, but will pick one up before next fall. The Pintler has some nice organization, but I suspect the Exo 2000 offers a bit more especially when you can add four of their mesh organizer pockets inside (and is about 10oz lighter than MR).
    Thanks once again for the insight. I hope I am not bothering you with all my questions LOL, I really appreciate you taking the time. Its a big purchase for me so I am looking to cover my bases before making the plunge. I have been to the local store here to examine the pintler up close and personal. I wish I could do the same for the EXO, there is something about putting your hands on an item before purchasing that has me waiting to see one before I decide.

Took advantage of their Black Friday special and got a free load panel with the purchase of a 2000cu bag
    Last edited by todbartell; 11-24-2016 at 10:59 PM.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Took advantage of their Black Friday special and got a free load panel with the purchase of a 2000cu bag
    Sweet, I seen they had some deals running. Would you mind posting up some detailed pics of the bag once you receive it?

sure will do

My little buddy, Mullet Boy®, was looking for a new pack to upgrade away from his current Eberlestock. Didn't take too much convincing and he ordered an Exo 5500 in the new Ranger Green color. I rounded out the collection, ordered the 5500 bag to go along with my 2000 and 3500. Still need to post some pics up of the 2000, will do so when I can

Exo was great to deal with, had a little issue not being able to add the 5500 bag only (was backordered / out of stock) to the cart on their site. Left a memo in the notes section at checkout, they emailed me quickly and let me know that I can now order it, and they supplied me with a coupon code to get free shipping (they will ship the 5500 bag only with Mullet Boy® order)

A+!
    Last edited by todbartell; 02-24-2017 at 01:17 AM.

My little buddy, Mullet Boy®, was looking for a new pack to upgrade away from his current Eberlestock. Didn't take too much convincing and he ordered an Exo 5500 in the new Ranger Green color. I rounded out the collection, ordered the 5500 bag to go along with my 2000 and 3500. Still need to post some pics up of the 2000, will do so when I can

Exo was great to deal with, had a little issue not being able to add the 5500 bag only (was backordered / out of stock) to the cart on their site. Left a memo in the notes section at checkout, they emailed me quickly and let me know that I can now order it, and they supplied me with a coupon code to get free shipping (they will ship the 5500 bag only with Mullet Boy® order)

A+!

Look forward to the photos.

Do you know how long it will take for the new ranger green 5500 to get shipped?
    Last edited by Iltasyuko; 02-24-2017 at 09:13 AM.
    The World is run by those that show up.

should ship mid March