Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Upper Pitt River in the OLD CROW

Hybrid View

Upper Pitt River in the OLD CROW

Last edited by ElectricDyck; 06-26-2016 at 07:40 AM.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Upper Pitt River in the OLD CROW

Great vid. I don't know that much about the upper, I've never been beyond the hotsprings. What's that cable bridge all about, how far up is that, how did those other people get up there?

Upper pitt river is above the lake lower is below the lake..I've never been past the hot springs either..the first canyon is approx 15km up the river, the hot springs around 20, the lake is about 23 km, the fisherman were clients and guides from the lodge at 8km up river, they drive up launch their rafts and drift down, stopping to fish on the drift down..

The owner of the lodge wants to shut down the river and valley to hunting and boat travel up river, apparently he's a dick as well (from what I've heard), imagine how much more he could charge if he had the valley to himself...
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Ya I've been to the hotsprings a bunch of times. My friend keeps some trucks up at the end. We boat up, then drive to the bridge and park, then hike to the springs. Never driven beyond the bridge. They have but I wasn't along at the time.

Theyve gone up river a couple times to the springs via jet boat but I wasn't along on those trips either.

Maths guy is a total douche to want the whole valley to himself. It's one of the most beautiful rivers in Bc and he wants us to pay him to see it. Ef that.

I know the owner of the lodge, Dan, and his wife Lee. They were very nice when we met them. Top notch people.

They might try and keep everyone out, but I don't fault them for it. The lower Pitt is a gong show of the worst kind.

I know from his stories that he regularly helps people that have difficulty up there, but God knows that must get tiring.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

The story I heard was that he verbally assualted a guy I know's wife and then backed down when he was confronted by someone his own size..

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    The story I heard was that he verbally assualted a guy I know's wife and then backed down when he was confronted by someone his own size..
    I would question that story. Didn't strike me as a guy that would threaten a woman, or back down from another guy if he felt he was in the right.

There are some biker gang dudes that have property up there, I wonder if there is some mistaken identity.

That said, I could be wrong. But my impression of Danny and Lee was very positive.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

If you read the bs he drummed up about stopping bear hunting in the valley I think top notch would not be the description used..

We hooked into a couple big bulls only to get broken off..amateur fisherman We were up there for some adventure, cant wait to go again..

Shit tons of elk tracks..

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    I know the owner of the lodge, Dan, and his wife Lee. They were very nice when we met them. Top notch people.

They might try and keep everyone out, but I don't fault them for it. The lower Pitt is a gong show of the worst kind.

I know from his stories that he regularly helps people that have difficulty up there, but God knows that must get tiring.
    It's not his land and not his river, thats pretty simple. He offers a pristine experience, but when a jet boat or a truck goes past his clients thats not a pristine experience anymore is it. Shouldn't promise something that you can't provide.