Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Model 70 Winchester

Model 70 Winchester

I'm looking to buy a 30 06 and a friend is looking to sell his dad's pre 1964 Winchester with a weaver k4-1 scope .Anyone have an idea on what it might be worth? There are many thing to consider I'm sure,but any idea of a price would help .

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Model 70 Winchester

Depends on Model and condition.
    Try gunvalues.com or just google looking for ads.
    Good luck, that is a fine firearm.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Pre 64? In mint shape I'd bet $1400+ would be a starting point?!
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

I know quite a lot about these rifles and can offer advice IF I can see complete, accurate photos.

Don't worry, I have a dozen of mine left and am currently getting most of my rifles ready for a sale deal as I am getting on and will never use them now. So, I am not going to try to buy something out from under someone, would not anyway and will give solid advice.

IF, you are looking for a P-64-Fwt.-30-06, I have a superb example, in a custom synthetic stock and in mint shape and want to sell it as well as several others. If not, send or post pix and I will help.

Having problems with pics I can send pics to you email ? I'm interested in what you have to sell also Thanks

That is NOT a "Pre-64" Mod. 70, it appears to be a "Classic Featherweight" with Weaver top mounts and the scope you mentioned.

Value? Not as much as an original "Pre-64" in that condition, but, a decent rifle and should be an ideal beginner's piece IF you get instruction on shooting it correctly.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

I have a pre 64 model 70, which someone cut the end of the barrel to shorten, and opened up the bolt face for a conversion to a 300 win mag! BBD, is there still any worth to this Pre 64? Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Yes, depending on original condition of parts, if you know the right people, you can sell this as a "parts gun" or part it out and sell them yourself.

The action is worth a fair amount, I am not into it anymore, but, can help you if you wish and know an honest guy who will probably buy it for parts.

Send me good pix and I can tell you about what you can expect to get here in Canada, it is a major PITA to ship these to the USA and so the higher prices there are often not worth the trouble/cost.