Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blind Material

Re: Blind Material

Depends on the field and what's growing in it. One of the fields we hunt has been left fallow for a decade so it's pretty overgrown with grasses, trees, and open patches where wild onions and rice grow. We built a wood frame, covered it with a camp tarp and dropped it in the middle of a clump of bulrushes and grass on the edge of one of the clearings where ducks come in to feed. Dropped a couple milk crates to sit on and we're golden. Unless you knew where it was you can't even see it until you're 10 feet away.

there are great designs on the web. search DIY duck blind. before i bought my jon boat i was building one out of PVC.

i bought 4 colours of camo spray paint from the wal mart in the US.

i ended up spending the money for the 4x4' woven grass pads for my scissor blind on my boat. a bit more money but pretty darn convenient.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Wire mesh used for concrete reinforcing. 6 inch mesh, cut to size required. Weave grass, branches, appropriate cover. Can be rolled up, supports itself and not that heavy. Can be purchased at most building supply stores. We cut one for each shooter and either make one large or stand alone.