Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Judge this poop

Judge this poop

I have found this scat the last 3 years in the same area. Found it again the same area this year and could hear this bone chilling roaring/groaning coming from a couple hundred meters up in the tree line. Any guesses how big a bear would be to drop a bomb like this? 30-06 cartridge for measurement. Never tried to hunt this guy... done for the year, plus it's crappy terrain. I've had cams up in the area but I've never seen him. Must be a good 300+ ? Chilliwack/Hope area.

Sorry for anyone who was eating breakfast.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Judge this poop

Show me the spot you last found it. Let's hunt that bad boy down.

That's big. Not to hijack the thread, but what do you use for a camera while hunting?

Are there Grizzlies where this pic was taken??

Samsquanch
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    There's grizz everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Five View Post
    That's big. Not to hijack the thread, but what do you use for a camera while hunting?
    That picture was taken with a Sony Cybershot which started failing on us a couple weeks ago, so for the last couple weeks, still pics have been taken on a cell phone. We have SJ-4000 (gopro-like) cams for videos, but sadly did not film any of our trips this season.

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    I'm not aware of any recent confirmed sightings/evidence in the last 20 years or so, but prior to that there have been a few grizz that utilize the valley. I have never seen one on any of my trailcams or come across any tracks. I have seen moose and whitetail which I would consider almost equally out of place.

The possibility crosses my mind each season I see this guys scat. Probably a big black bear, but I've never wanted to invest the time to hunt him because from the time I have spend scouting around, I haven't seen him, terrain isn't great and that slim chance it is actually a grizz.

This year was the first year I heard vocalizations. It was this odd mix between a holywood grizz attack, a roar/moan/groan and a cattle "moo". Went on quite a bit... every 15-30 seconds, lasting 3-4 seconds each time. I thought moose being eaten alive or angry bear.

I'd give it a 7/10, only cause there are some gaps between a few nuggets, and a couple that seem to have rolled away from the pile, indicating unsteadiness, or possibly high velocity due to urgency.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

It was me. The roaring and groaning was wiping my butt with stinging nettles.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories