Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: At 25 yards

Re: At 25 yards

What is your opinion on me shooting out as far as 40 yards with my vixen cross bow ,it travels at 275 fps ????????????????????????????????. I was only going to shoot at the 30 yard distance max.
    Last edited by hunter1947; 06-19-2007 at 06:11 AM.

Bow Walker Guest

Given the right conditions there should not be too big of a problem.

No wind. Target totally unaware. No wind. Broadside shot. No wind. No obstructing branches, twigs, or heavy grasses. Perfect shot placement. Did I mention no wind?

Other than that it should be OK.

If you know the trajectory of your Bolt and the Ke etc that your bolt has at that range ....then I would have no issue doing it .... If you feel that a pass through is acheivable at 40 yrds ...your shot has a clean path and you know what your bolt will do that far out ...then get r done ....

I downed a Mulie at 55 once .... the only reason I took the shot is thats as close as I coulda gotten and I know exactly what My arrow does that far out.

I am curious about x-bows ...Most I see have 4 or 5" vanes on their bolts ..... has anyone tried a smaller vane to a: lighten the load ....b: get less wind drift

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    If you know the trajectory of your Bolt and the Ke etc that your bolt has at that range ....then I would have no issue doing it .... If you feel that a pass through is acheivable at 40 yrds ...your shot has a clean path and you know what your bolt will do that far out ...then get r done ....

I downed a Mulie at 55 once .... the only reason I took the shot is thats as close as I coulda gotten and I know exactly what My arrow does that far out.

I am curious about x-bows ...Most I see have 4 or 5" vanes on their bolts ..... has anyone tried a smaller vane to a: lighten the load ....b: get less wind drift
    I shoot a Easton bolt # is XX75 -2117 ,125 grain head.

Bow Walker Guest

I wonder what a regular 100 grain head with Blazer vanes would do outta that thing? Interesting to fletch one up and change the tip to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by BowWalker View Post
    I wonder what a regular 100 grain head with Blazer vanes would do outta that thing? Interesting to fletch one up and change the tip to find out.
    Thats exactly what I was thinkin'