Thread: Took the Elkhound plunge

Maple Ridge, Horse Lake but sometimes the dog house

Took the Elkhound plunge

Well, after being without a canine companion for almost 2 years since we had to put our guy down I followed Elkhound on this site and am the proud human companion of a 7 week old Norwegian Elkhound. Super breed from everything I've read and experienced in person. She's an absolute sweetheart! The bonus is that we spoke with the breeder and told them that if they ever considered re-homing the mom that we would be ecstatic if they would consider us. She is coming home in 9 days after the rest of her litter go home. Looking forward to bringing the 2 of them hunting and camping later this year.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showp...esized&cat=500

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showp...esized&cat=500
    Last edited by Grumpa Joe; 05-23-2016 at 01:25 PM.
    Cody: It's a pretty cool sidearm you got there. What is it?
    Four Leaf Tayback: I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life.

Marvin Boggs

Frank, I never thought I'd say this again. I'm getting the pig!
    Frank, we gotta get rid of this broad. I know a great place up the road. Lots of alligators.

Marvin: If there's one thing I know, it's women and covert operations.
    Frank: Marvin, that's two things.
    Han Cho Bai: No, grasshopper. It is not.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Took the Elkhound plunge

She is a real beauty Joe. I know you and the wife wont be disappointed. Still cant believe youre going from none to two lol. But the mom is a real sweetheart. She will definitely be a bonus in the training of the new one as well.

Cant wait to get the dogs together