Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rubba boa snake

Re: Rubba boa snake

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    This is a large female I found on my driveway last year. Don't worry, we put her back where we found her.
    The child or the snake??

Quote Originally Posted by Stresd View Post
    The child or the snake??
    The child won't fit
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    This is a large female I found on my driveway last year. Don't worry, we put her back where we found her.

I found the same colored one on a cow pie. Was looking at it. And wondering where its eyes were. Cool having a tail that looks like its head. On the way home I had a praying Mantis on the head board of my truck. I am glad it didn't fall on top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1 View Post
    I found the same colored one on a cow pie. Was looking at it. And wondering where its eyes were. Cool having a tail that looks like its head. On the way home I had a praying Mantis on the head board of my truck. I am glad it didn't fall on top of my head.
    The head/tail thing is pretty neat. Their only defense is curling up in a ball with their head on the inside and "tail head' as a decoy. Obviously only works on small critters. Often while raiding dens for baby rodents, they keep the momma rodent busy with the decoy head (tail)

Spent some time reading about them over the last few days. It would be pretty awesome to have one as a pet, but I don't think there is any domestic breeding going on. I imagine you can't really only snakes that exist natively as it would be too hard to enforce those capturing/keeping/selling wild ones.

Plus if they feel threatened they excrete sink juice out their vent like garter snakes... not in my house !! lol

Super cool thanks for sharing. I actually didn't know we had boas. Not that Ive looked into it. I've got a boa and Python at home. Very cool creatures

Yup had Noooooo idea these things are aroun

They are found around the Shuswap areas also, use to find them around Scotch Creek Park back in the 60"s.

Seen one in Seton Lake spawning channel.Park guy said its related to a water snake??

We found one near Pemberton, which is supposedly out of their range iirc
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I found one up by Mt Currie a few years back - really cool critters.