Thread: Chucker hunting...

Chucker hunting...

does anybody else other than my dad and I like to hunt these fast explosive flying birds?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Chucker hunting...

upland game birds are a hoot...I hunt chuckars quail and pheasants just west of Osoyoos...where do you hunt them? in the fraser canyon

About 20 years ago I hunted them in and around Cache Creek and Walachin (sp).
    Good sport and exercise!
    Had an interesting experience up by Cache Creek. My dad's buddy gave a yell at his german shorthair and then he shot right beside it. The dog was going to pick up a small rattlesnake (about 2 1/2ft long) and Ian shot the snakes head off. I went to cut off the rattle for a souvenir and the body twitched causing me to jump back. Of course I got some ribbing seeing as the snake had no head!
    Buddi doing what she does best!

awsome! you do get alot of exercise chasing those things! i love it though, it keeps your wits about you

Quote Originally Posted by palmer
    upland game birds are a hoot...I hunt chuckars quail and pheasants just west of Osoyoos...where do you hunt them? in the fraser canyon

I usually hunt them in ashcroft, in that area

Did a little chuckar hunting in between deer hunts around Keromeos in the 90's...haven't done any lately. Tough little buggers to swing on.

Cool Re: Chucker hunting...

Quote Originally Posted by Freshtracks
    Did a little chuckar hunting in between deer hunts around Keromeos in the 90's...haven't done any lately. Tough little buggers to swing on.
    yeah, i've chased those birds over a rocky slope, nearly fell. But there so fast at running. It's insane!

Question Re: Chucker hunting...

Quote Originally Posted by Freshtracks
    where abouts in keromeos did u hunt? before or after the town?

After town...some hunting up towards the Columns and some in behind Cawston.