Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Honda Generator???????

Re: Honda Generator???????

Nowadays locks like that are useless with modern portable battery powered tools. Take me less than 10 sec to zip through that lock or most locks or chains for that matter with a battery powered 4.5' grinder with a zip disc (cuttoff disc) in it. Along the lines of this cheaply available very portable model that I keep at home for cutting metal. Grade 70 chain or hardened lock is nothing to a good zip disc. Mastercraft 20V Max Li-Ion 4-1/2" Angle Grinder.
    When away from camp and if in an area where I need to worry about it walking away, I lock my eu3000is up in my cargo trailer. The locks could stilll be zipped off in a few secs but at least it is out of sight and not so tempting. I use 120v grinders with Zip discs all the time at my shop for cutting hardened steel. The battery powered units are just as fast. Interesting thread on grinder zip discs and how to try and stop them.

http://www.lockpicking101.com/viewto...p?f=37&t=57999
    Last edited by Stresd; 06-18-2016 at 07:31 AM.

Re: Honda Generator???????

[QUOTE=Stresd;1789959]Nowadays locks like that are useless with modern portable battery powered tools. Take me less than 10 sec to zip through that lock or most locks or chains for that matter with a battery powered 4.5' grinder with a zip disc (cuttoff disc) in it. Along the lines of this cheaply available very portable model that I keep at home for cutting metal. Grade 70 chain or hardened lock is nothing to a good zip disc. Mastercraft 20V Max Li-Ion 4-1/2" Angle Grinder.
    When away from camp and if in an area where I need to worry about it walking away, I lock my eu3000is up in my cargo trailer. The locks could stilll be zipped off in a few secs but at least it is out of sight and not so tempting. I use 120v grinders with Zip discs all the time at my shop for cutting hardened steel. The battery powered units are just as fast. Interesting thread on grinder zip discs and how to try and stop them.

http://www.lockpicking101.com/viewto...p?f=37&t=57999[/QUOTe

Sadly if degenerates have enough time and space they will get your stuff. I just want them to have to work dam hard for it and be lucky that I don't catch them.