Thread: 20 GA non-toxic Shot Shells for CBC shotgun

20 GA non-toxic Shot Shells for CBC shotgun

Hi,

I got a used Brazilian (CBC) 20GA single shot shotgun. I don't know if the shotgun would take steel shot shells, but I don't want to risk it.

so ... if you can help me to find non-toxic shot shells in 20GA that will not damage the shotgun, please let me know. I really would like to go waterfowl hunting with this gun.

Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 20 GA non-toxic Shot Shells for CBC shotgun

How is the gun choked, if it is Mod. or Imcl it should be able to handle steel but I would check with a gunsmith first. As far as non- steel non-toxic shot goes it quite expensive and generally sells in boxes of ten, you could try Whole Sale Sports where nothing is whole sale or Italian Sports.

I too suggest asking a gunsmith to take a peek. I had an old c.i.l. shotgun with a full choke designed for lead, bored out to modified so I could hunt waterfowl with steel. I looked at the cost of the fancy non-toxic and re-choking was a cheap and easy decision.

If it opened up to at least modified, you can purchase 20 g steel at WWS for a very reasonable price. I use Score from WWS and they produce it in 20 g in steel.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live!!!!!

You most likely have full and Mod chokes, open the full up to Imp. Mod. or Mod probably way cheaper in the long run than the difference in price between steel and the full choke alternative.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Its a cheap single shot. With the price of non-toxic loads suitable for this oldie you could quickly reach the price of a cheap, used, steel shot capable gun.

Thanks all. I ended up buying a 12ga mossberg 535 for waterfowl ... I'll keep my 20ga for upland birds and rabbits