Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Salmon closures coming???

Re: Salmon closures coming???

FN have been crushing them drift netting and set nets. Albion ain't always the best indicator of what's actually passing through...

If they close the springs to appease the indians that would be complete bullshit. Nothing to do with conservation, just political and if any thing contrary to conserving the runs. Maybe they should think of doing something about the number of seals and what they take. Was cut plugging in Renfrew yesterday, buddy hits a fish, sealed, another buddy, sealed, another buddy, sealed, myself sealed, other buddy lands one 44lbs , i land one 20 lbs. So 6 fish hooked and 4 gone to the seals. One of my mooching friend is up to double digits there and has only been fishing since 3rd week of April. Maybe the indians should start to target seals and use the meat and hides.

I've heard the decision is coming today but then again we are dealing with the government...
    Don't worry about a pandemic, stupidity is spreading way faster

Easy to sell fish when your the only kid on the block with them! “First Nations have always made there livelihoods from the ocean resources and its a really good connection back to the ocean resources being able to be part of today’s economy,” says Johnson.

http://www.cheknews.ca/historic-nana...ations-183153/

Now I have heard June 17 after the next test fishery...

Hey 00Buck i am going to start calling you Adele,.... rumour has it

They have the government wrapped around their fingers and we know how they've bent over backwards for them over the many years. Trudeau is a Spineless SOB and his cronies!!. Give it time, we will soon be buying everything fishing related, Hunting tags, trespass fees and all LEH through the specific FN territories. So SAD to see. I'm on the Island and have seen truck loads of sockeye just dumped on a side road because they cannot sell them quick enough. And they want to limit OUR fishing opportunities. Shameful!!!!