Thread: Working "Fell Terriers" anyone?

Working "Fell Terriers" anyone?

Guys,

Curiosity mostly but I have some experience and would consider another one……….

Anyone around these parts have or know anyone who owns what we Limeys refer to as Fell terriers?

Borders, Lakelands, Patterdales and the like?

Back in England they where somewhat common but I never see any over here. We have had them in the family and known lots more and have always thought of getting another……. maybe it's planning but I would like to see whats out there.

Synonymous with poachers and often ran with lurchers on foxes and rabbits, wicked little dogs though and make great companions

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Working "Fell Terriers" anyone?

I'm a Terrier fan as well. We have a Carin Terrier but the wife wont let me un leash him on the Pack Rats. Have a look here http://www.terrierman.com/. I know it's an US site but he may know someone in Canada or the northwest US. Good Luck

Dog_River

Quote Originally Posted by OutsyderBC View Post
    Guys,

Curiosity mostly but I have some experience and would consider another one……….

Anyone around these parts have or know anyone who owns what we Limeys refer to as Fell terriers?

Borders, Lakelands, Patterdales and the like?

Back in England they where somewhat common but I never see any over here. We have had them in the family and known lots more and have always thought of getting another……. maybe it's planning but I would like to see whats out there.

Synonymous with poachers and often ran with lurchers on foxes and rabbits, wicked little dogs though and make great companions

Have a 9 month old Border terrier, Blue and tan. Really happy with him but definatley not a starter dog. Very bulletproof and not afraid of much.

Mine is a 9 year old patterdale

The most versatile and one i like the most out of all are Jagdterrier (German Hunt Terrier) had them before and now waiting for next pup

We used to have patterdales, had to get them from US. Not many around.

My family had a fantastic Patterdale. He used to have so much energy that he would shake with excitement. And good luck getting him out of a dogfight, he used to scrap our other dog occasionally and while he was always on the losing side, he never quit. He was not meant to be a suburban dog.
    This to be said, extremely loyal and would go to great depths (literally) to catch rats. All his siblings are used as badger hunters in Alberta.
    Last edited by samwyse; 08-09-2016 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Wording

i have now a year old patterdale bitch after years of wanting one.
    these are good terriers to have.

i did a fair amount of fell hound foxing(back in wales) and always admired the terrier man with the Pdales and how they worked down the earth.

i am hoping to bring back a dog maybe next year,if i fly back.