Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bc core manual

bc core manual

My son is almost 7 and reads really well and is a hunting finatic.

I want to buy him the book so he can read up...
    he is well on his way with practical handling and regular game Id.
    that said where do I buy the book in kamloops... Cheers.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: bc core manual

What is your address? I'd be happy to send you one, I have a few of last years books left and the new ones are out. I should be able to get it in the mail for you this week. (I'm a CORE examiner down on the coast)

Any book store will have them, just keep in mind he won't be able to take the CORE course until he's 10, and technically .... (though really not enforced) it's illegal to cause someone under the age of 10 to hunt.

Your public library probably has a copy of it too.

Wow matt very generous of you pm sent..

All I am aware of the age to legally start hunting that said I can finally use a backpack and go deeper because my kids are no longer riding on my back.

My son and daughter both have hunted with me almost every trip out since they where born...

A book would be great we can read a chapter a night before bed instead of Clifford the big red dog..

I'm in lumby if you need one I have lots left as some guys give them back at the end of their class. Just send me your address and will put it in mail right away

Get em on that book. Sounds like he is roarin to go and some great people on here have books for you. Don't tell the authorities but my son was knockin grouse over under my direct supervision at 6 years old. Backpacking when he was 14 and goin after his first grizz this year at 20. Hard to hold a hunter back.

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    Get em on that book. Sounds like he is roarin to go and some great people on here have books for you. Don't tell the authorities but my son was knockin grouse over under my direct supervision at 6 years old. Backpacking when he was 14 and goin after his first grizz this year at 20. Hard to hold a hunter back.
    You aren't the only one. I recently saw an article where an American gunwriter described his BC guided hunt with his 9 year old son shooting a black bear.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Matt-jenkins

Thank you very much book received and the boy had read it cover to cover once already...

I really appreciate you taking the time to send it.

I think its great for kids to start early, I encourage it
    my 11yo daughter challenged herself this last spring break,
    she completed the online core, challenged the exam and got her BC hunter number all on her own, I offered to help her study but she insisted on doing it herself,
    she was very determined and it payed off,
    I merely provided the ride to the examiner and the BCWF office then maple ridge for her card.