Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabela's Warranty

Cabela's Warranty

My brother bought hunting jacket and pants from Cabela's in Sydney Nebraska many years ago and now they don't repel the water like they once did. A few days ago he went to the store in Calgary and was looking to buy new stuff but the salesperson told him to bring his old ones in, so he did. He did a straight swap for no charge as the Cabela's clothing is guaranteed for life. That is customer service.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Cabela's Warranty

Wow! That's impressive.

Yep they have a great warranty on any clothing that bares their brand name. I had a pair of Cabelas Prefekt hikers by Meindl. After a few years of use I somehow developed a small hole in the leather near the toe. It was a pretty clean cut, so likely done by a rock, or possibly even a knife. I was going to just throw some shoegoo on there, but gave Cabelas a call. They sent me a return shipping label and a few weeks later a brand new pair showed up at my door. Couldn't be happier.

i recently sent away my cabelas perfekts by meindel for warranty exchange. they leak now and are starting to fall apart. i bought them from the states so i understand the return process might take a bit longer, but its been at least a month now and ive heard nothing! has anyone else had a hard time exchanging cabelas goods that were purchased in the states??

Any update on how your return is going? How long did you have the boots before they started leaking? I'm looking at getting the Cabelas Meindl western guide boots vs the Lowa tibet. I could have sworn I read on their website a few months ago something about the waterproofing on boots being warranted forever vs other types of failures, but now I can't find it anywhere, maybe they updated their policy recently?

Very good to hear

Very good to hear

It took about 3 months, but they did eventually send me a brand new pair of the same boot, no questions asked. I told them the boots leaked, and they apologized for the boot failure. I was a little annoyed it took so long, but in the end, I was extremely happy and satisfied that cabelas stood behind their warranty like that. Very impressed. My cabelas Meindels stayed bone dry for 4 full seasons and started a small leak in the fifth. Could be better but not bad considering I put those boots through the ringer in that time!

A few years back my Son broke the tip section of his 4 piece fly rod.
    Not a warranty situation, he tripped over it.
    I called Cabella's Customer Service and asked if they had a spare tip piece laying around, the Lady said she'd look and see.
    Took about a week and a brand new entire rod showed up in the mail.
    Pretty impressed.

Thanks for the update, happy to hear they are honoring it over that kind of time frame. I sent them an email asking for clarification on what 'lifetime of product' means, will post their reply if I get one.