Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cabela's Warranty

Re: Cabela's Warranty

This is the response I received:

Good Afternoon,

This is how the Life Time Warranty of the item is determined.

- By determining what the intended use of the product is . For example; Shoes are purchased to be worn every day or for specific events. An everyday shoe should reasonably hold up to daily activities for 6-12 months with normal wear and tear. Eventually, however, the sole will wear out with use, and the shoe materials may wear thin. Everyday shoes should not be expected to last for 3 years
    Normal wear and tear is a result of the passage of time and regular, normal usage of a product. Normal wear and tear is not a result of abuse, mistreatment, or lack of care. Use good judgment and common sense. For example;
    - Footwear:
    If someone wears casual shoes in a feedlot or cement plant every day. That is NOT normal wear.
    A pair of low top tennis shoes are not designed to keep feet dry when wading in waist deep water - even if they are Gore-Tex. That is NOT normal wear.
    - Clothing:
    If there are obvious signs of damage. A five inch tear in the side of a jacket. That is NOT normal wear and tear.
    If there are signs of excessive wear. The cuffs are frayed on an sweatshirt. That is NOT normal wear and tear.
    If a jacket appears to have been well taken care of, and a seam comes loose, that would be a defect in workmanship.
    It all depends on common sense, asking the right questions, listening to the customer, and looking for signs of abuse, mistreatment, or lack of care

Any Questions or concerns please feel free to e-mail me back,
    Thanks!
    I guess it comes down to the customer service person you are dealing with and hopefully they have common sense.

Re: Cabela's Warranty

I have about 10 years on a pair of Cabela's Mountain hunter boots and they are coming to the end of their life. I guarantee that I have worn them 60 to 70% of the time. Count me as a happy Cabela's customer.
    There is another pair in the cupboard that I bought about 4 years ago when they were discontinuing this style.